Dark Eyes and Lips: Can you pull it off?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems we've all been brainwashed to believe that dark eyes means light lips and vice versa. Well the runways say different. I think I am going to try it out. I would like to see some pics of you all trying out the trend. Do you think you could rock the full face of makeup? Dark eyes and Dark lips? Some inspiration...
082420071052012148.jpg

Post your pics!!

I don't think I could pull it off. It's a bit too theatrical for me, since I have a very doll-like face already. I'd love to see if anyone can though. I think you could Amanda!

Here's mine...please excuse it, I was cleaning house and threw it on in like 5 minutes...haha.

100_5785.jpg

Hey hey... not all of us have been brainwashed!
wink.gif

I happen to like the dark eyes/dark lip look. This is not the best picture because I had to use flash for it to show up, and the flash washed the colors out. But I had dark brown heavy eyeliner, and dark red lips.

DCFC0066a.jpg

I like the idea a bit , but sometimes i think it looks like the beginning of 90's

it's good to think outside the square - you can get awesome results you wouldn't expect. Good job ladies. It looks hot!

edited to add: Lia, that is why I don't think it would look good on me too, lol. But nox and bene look good. I don't know why some people can and others cant...

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the idea a bit , but sometimes i think it looks like the beginning of 90's LOL, that's what my husband said. If anything, I have to be really careful with that because on my face it's easy to go overboard and end up looking like a stereotypical streetwalker from the movies.

I see - it's because i remembered Paola Bracho (haha, the devil personified - at least on La Usurpadora mexican soap opera - but damn the woman is pretty):

25555-dc3a7e6a9503aded8f0595ee258b5e0a-img.gif

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif I see - it's because i remembered Paola Bracho (haha, the devil personified - at least on La Usurpadora mexican soap opera - but damn the woman is pretty):
http://www.rematazo.com/uplimg/0a/25...8b5e0a-img.gif

Gosh! She really is beautiful! Everytime I flip to Univision, they always have telenovelas with the most gorgeous cast members, it's amazing. Aren't alot of them from beauty pageants too? That is totally eyecandy for straight men!
rotfl.gif

Truth - that soap opera isn't that old (from 98) but mexican soap operas are notorious for being 'heavy'. That actress is called Gabriela Spanic (but i prefer Thalía - she sings, LOL)

I'll try it tomorrow

When I try it - my eyes does not like what it sees. Haha.

Unless I just do winged eyeliner - but the full face, stumped. But it's an amazing look.

i would love to try this but I don't have a camera atm.

I like how yours turned out though.
wink.gif

I do it sometimes for special occasions; I'm really pale, so it's a very striking contrast. My husband LOVES it...I personally think I look a little like something out of Rocky Horror, but hey, if it floats his boat!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back