Daylight-Saving Time Returns This Weekend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WASHINGTON - Break out the croquet set and set up the barbecue. Daylight-saving time returns this weekend.

That means push the clocks ahead — spring forward — to gain an hour of light in the evening for warm summer recreation. The official change comes at 2 a.m. Sunday, local time. It's also a good time to replace batteries in smoke alarms, safety advocates urge.

Daylight-saving time ends the last Sunday in October.

Some parts of the country don't observe daylight-saving time. These include Arizona, Hawaii, the part of Indiana in the Eastern time zone, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/net/20050402/capt.50db1b095f5560a061efbd89c21354e7.pjpeg

1 1/2 hrs. till 3 am! LOL We'll just forget about the 2!
wink.gif

I love summer when it's lighter out till like 9pm... so nice!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I know, I love it too! Its light when I get out of work and I feel like I have so much more time do so many things...like shop!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I know, I love it too! Its light when I get out of work and I feel like I have so much more time do so many things...like shop!
icon_evil.gif
EGGGGGGACTLY!
smile.gif

Thats awesome. I really hate it when the time changes though because that day I am always screwed up in my time. I know that tomorrow will be a wacky day.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thats awesome. I really hate it when the time changes though because that day I am always screwed up in my time. I know that tomorrow will be a wacky day. Yeah... it's always weird the first few days... then by the time you get used to it - it's time to change them again!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh well, since it's now THREE am... I"m goin' to bed!! LOL Night all!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hehe, I live in Indiana where we don't change the clocks, so nothing to worry about here! The only weird thing is that in the summer, all of the cable and satellite TV shows will now come on an hour earlier, but the local Indiana channels stay on the same schedule! That always confuses me -- when I see a commercial for a show on at 8:00 I have to think, is it really 8:00 or is it 7:00? lol

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hehe, I live in Indiana where we don't change the clocks, so nothing to worry about here! The only weird thing is that in the summer, all of the cable and satellite TV shows will now come on an hour earlier, but the local Indiana channels stay on the same schedule! That always confuses me -- when I see a commercial for a show on at 8:00 I have to think, is it really 8:00 or is it 7:00? lol That would drive me nuts! LOL - I wish we would just leave them ahead all year - so we get extra daylight all the time.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Thats awesome. I really hate it when the time changes though because that day I am always screwed up in my time. I know that tomorrow will be a wacky day. this stupid change effects me for days i hate it but i do like when it's light out longer.

Originally Posted by Marisol Silly questions....Why do we even change the clocks at all? Supposedly it started back when many people were farmers, it allowed them to have more hours of daylight to work or something. But I still don't understand it -- my parents are farmers and they work during the daylight hours no matter what time it actually is!

Latest posts

Back