Dealing with haters at work!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need some advice. I am in New York and I am not happy so i decided to temp jobs or temp to perm until i saved up enough to make a secure move back to Atl. I have been working through a staffing agency since August and they got me a job at a Neurology office as an Executive Assistant, it went very well because I am going back to school for nursing and this is a great opportunity. Well that job had money issues and since i was a temp they had to let me go at the end of October. Now my recruiter (Kyle) got me a job starting at the best cancer hospital in the U.S. here in the city starting that Monday. So i ended a job on Friday and started one on Monday. This is because i had such great reviews from the Office Manager i reported to at the Neurology office she hated to let me go.

My new job is an Executive Asst to hospital Administrator. I was told this was going to be a temp to perm position and when i got here my boss said this job would last a few mths. They rather hire within( aint that a bi..ch) I felt that I was mislead by the staffing agency. I beleive they will tell you anything to get you to go to an assignment so they can make their money off you. Yes, i know i was leaving anyway but if i could get a full-time oppotunity at a top hospital that will pay my way through nursing school, i was willing to stay. I do nothing all day but sit here, get her mail, anything for signature, and if someone e-mails me to put meetings on her calendar. That is it, she is never here and in meetings all day. Well i don''t say much to anyone but since my twin use to work here someone thought i was here and i have to walk by the ladies desk to get the bathroom key. She always speaks to me and i may be at her desk for 30 seconds to a minute, and this rarely happens. Mind you, i have only been here for a few weeks.

Do you know someone (the ***** that sit next to me i beleive) called HR and had them call my staffing agency and said i was too chatty. I sit at this desk all day and don't say anything to anyone. This was my second week here, and again just last Thursday someone called in again. Now i feel that the staffing agency is playing games because they acted like they were shocked when i told them the job was temp. But never called me back when i let them know she had started interviewing and what where they going to do about finding me another position.

Kyle had the nerve to e-mail, (yes e-mail not a man and call) saying he is working on something else for me but in the meantime i need to stop talking i am too chatty, someone had told them for the second time and it could mess me up from future positions. I had to let him know the truth and told him that I want him to see things from my side cause there are two sides to a story and staffing agencies tend to go on the employer side and not the employee. He replied understood and i will always look out for you. Whatever, I beleive he is telling me anything to get me to stay here until the new person starts on Dec 10th. Do you think i should start looking for something else, or trust in them to get me something?

I feel this person went out of their way to say i was doing something, that i wasn't doing and it hurts. Now, this could ruin my chance at another opportunity in the hospital. When i spoke to another lady at the agency that works with Kyle she said well we have over 100 employees there and never had a complaint once and we have one twice from you. I felt then that she didn't beleive me and they were just using me to get paid until this assignment is up and won't get me anything else. It really hurts because i really didn't do anything and just say hi and by to people.

I need advice, thanks guys.

Oh yeah, the person that knows my sister is a floater and she was filling in for the receptionist that went on leave. She said she beleive the lady next to me did it cause when she came down to fill-in(2 days after i started) she asked her would she like my position. I know its her because the day i started, when the girl i replaced introduced me to everyone she had the nastiest look on her face, she looks like a hater.

geez gurl. i wish i had advice or something; but i agree in the fact that i wouldnt trust either parties TBH. definately agree w/ ya.. HATERS! and best of luck to no more!

Try and find another agency. Like you said, i doubt the agency really cares they just want to get paid. I did temp once and i don't think i can handle it again. It was a nightmare and I didn't go in the last day of work.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try and find another agency. Like you said, i doubt the agency really cares they just want to get paid. I did temp once and i don't think i can handle it again. It was a nightmare and I didn't go in the last day of work. yep, totally agree. especially with people who are still studying, i think temp agencies just see you as a kleenex. mine was lying about the work hours and i got a two hours break just so i could work more than the legal limit per day. >.<

that is NOT very nice of them! i surely hope things work out as you like but chances are if they're gonna harrass you and blame you for stuff you know you are not doing...you may be better off elsewhere. I do not like office politics! it's so unfair

Aftr having worked in the HR department for 25 years I became a cosmetologist for just this reason, too many people telling other people insignificant stuff.

i think you should look for a better job and just say screw you agency and Screw you hospital and just dont come to work the next day and then they will be screwed

I am so sorry that happened to you! Any way you could get a full time position somewhere in the hospital and let them pay for your schooling? I know you mentioned this. And Office Politics is not always dirty but sometimes necessary. Please IM or PM me and we can talk further.

Ladies, thanks for the advice. I don't think i want to not come back because I need the money and I beleive in karma and I wouldn't want that to happen to me.

I've worked with employment agencies for several years. You always want to be signed up with several, 1) to stay busy/working, 2) in the event a job does not work out, 3) the agencies always sides with the client (even though you are their client too), 4) they will not take find you another job until the one you are on ends. Always put yourself first, the agencies do. I like you, make my agency a lot of money but at the end of the day, however they can fill that position comes first. PM me anytime.

Girl my advice is to simply keep God first. In situations like these its kind of difficult to take matters into your own hands. If it were me, I would start looking for something on my own and not worry about them darn temp. people. They're always so tricky and they get you all confused and messed up. Why can't you find just a regular job in your career feild to help you save?

It'll all work out trust me. just keep your faith and forget the hatas!
smile.gif

I hate agencys Back then I used to work for an agency and I could tell the girls that work their didn't like me.They always used to get me jobs and tell me tepm to hire and everyfriday will be my last day.Their is always going to be hateration around.

I have been trying to find a regular job but nowadays all you see on craigslist, monster, careerbuilder and hotjob are ads from agencies. It seems very rare that companies up here hire outside of agencies. I haven't had any callbacks from any companies only agencies. Being in New York City during a war(recession) is even tougher. I am going to keep the faith in GOD, keep praying, and holding on.

April, I feel your pain. I got laid off from an office manager position at the end of July and have been signed up with temp agencies, hoping for a temp-to-hire position since then. One agency sent me on a job, the woman I reported to told me she thought it wouldn't end up being full time and she treated me like a moron the whole time. Not to mention I got this the day before my best friend came into town and I told the agency lady I could only work 1/2 day that Friday, but she lied to the client and said I'd "resolved the problem." Yeah, I left that place and didn't look back. Moral of the story: Agencies are only looking out for themselves. Find a few new agencies and register with them. See what else you can find to support yourself in the meantime.

If you really feel you need to use an agency because it's easier, then find another one. There are alot of them out there and that one you're with now sounds like a loser! Sorry you have to put up with that! Unfortunately, every office seems to have one like that! Hang in there! You'll find something!

Latest posts

Back