December Birchbox Wishlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While I am still waiting for my November box - I figured I would have some fun.

Somethings I would love to see in the December BB:

The Jouer crackers/poppers

Lipstick (reds)

Thick/creamy/protective hand cream

Cute hair accessory (something with some sparkle for the holidays)

Would you ladies like to add?

I would like to see more face masks and bath bombs. I wish I had gotten a bath bomb in my box. There is also a cute box of bobby pins in the shop that would be cute if we got the whole box not just one. One would be awful lol. Maybe an air freshener as an extra? I think the Jouer poppers would be neat as well.

Lol - could you imagine getting 1 bobby pin...I think we would have a lot of irate women here.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol - could you imagine getting 1 bobby pin...I think we would have a lot of irate women here.
LOL a full uprising would ensue....They would likely do it though...

"You said you wanted bobbyPINS, so we're giving you bobbyPIN...Enjoy your lifestyle extra."

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL a full uprising would ensue....They would likely do it though...

"You said you wanted bobbyPINS, so we're giving you bobbyPIN...Enjoy your lifestyle extra."
This truly had me giggling.  
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

darker lip product, more tarte products
I agree - I'm tired of getting all of these bright lip glosses/lip sticks.

Never used any of the Tarte products - but I hear a lot of great things!

I love tarte! I have so many of their products, but never got any in my box since my first box was in april and lately Ive been obsessed with plummy lips, especially after getting the lippie in the ipsy bag

The Jouer Holiday Sparkle and Pop would be AWESOME to get. I really like their products so, really, anything from them is welcome. I wouldn't mind the BeautyBlender making a return so I can get another chance at snagging one! I kind of wish that Birchbox would collaborate with Lush so I can try some of their stuff (bath bombs, conditioners, lotions... anything!). The closest Lush store to me is a 1.5-2 hour drive and I don't want to order anything online from them without checking it out prior to purchase (I've read that the scents for their products can be very polarizing).

I'd love some lip products - I've been subscribed for 5 months and haven't gotten a single lip product in any of my boxes aside from that joke of a Perfekt sample, which is disappointing since out of all of my makeup, I'm the most adventurous with lip products and a sucker when it comes to buying all the shades I don't have.

I used to be into lip products hardcore then I went to eyeshadow...but I'm wandering back to lip products after 10 years.  I'm still an eyeshadow junkie though.

Tarte is awesome! I met the founder a few months ago in NYC and she is so down to earth and even gave me a park avenue princess bronzer.  I just bought one of the lipsticks made out of some type of bamboo on Sunday at the VIB sale, and I got a cheek stain and a sample of the Amazonian clay foundation.  Whenever my benefit foundation runs out, I'm getting the tarte one.

Hmm, let's see...

• Body butters 
  • A silvery version of the Nuxe gold shimmer oil they sent out last year
  • dark, metallic lip color (one of my favorites back in the mid-'90s used to be Urban Decay Gash, back when the lipstick tubes looked like bullet casings, although I think they changed it to something not as metallic when they changed the packaging, and now it looks like it's completely discontinued, so I can't even try it to verify whether I think it looks the same as the original version or not.  A dark metallic berry would be good, too.  Just something cool-toned, dark, and shimmery but not frosted, if that makes any sort of sense)
  • the blue etoile polish!  That just *screams* "December" to me for some reason I can't quite identify.
  • Calm or De-Stress 21 Drops (really, any calming/de-stressing aromatherapy)
  • Body scrub, but enough to actually use over more than one leg (the dirt scrub and LaROCCA body polish sizes were laughable/insulting)
  • A perfume *oil* (I can't wear alcohol-based scent, so I am always hoping for this), preferably a resin-heavy one (frankincense!  myrrh!) or something citrusy 
  • candles!

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would be very happy if they went easy on red-and-green CHRISTMAS stuff.  That color combination just has a whole lot of baggage tied to it for me that really puts me on edge this time of year.  But blue-and-silver?  Rock on.  

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would be very happy if they went easy on red-and-green CHRISTMAS stuff.  That color combination just has a whole lot of baggage tied to it for me that really puts me on edge this time of year.  But blue-and-silver?  Rock on.  
I am SO with you on this. Our whole holiday decorating scheme is blue and silver. It's beautiful and I love it! Also with you on the aromatherapy or perfume oil because I haven't tried either of these and I am intrigued. Especially since none of my alcohol-based perfumes seem to be lasting on my skin.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am SO with you on this. Our whole holiday decorating scheme is blue and silver. It's beautiful and I love it!

Also with you on the aromatherapy or perfume oil because I haven't tried either of these and I am intrigued. Especially since none of my alcohol-based perfumes seem to be lasting on my skin.
i saw 21 drops in the travel size section at sephora (the section before you go pay). I got one in my Sept box and I liked it. 

They have sample sizes here: http://www.sephora.com/pick-up-fix-set-P376739

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• dark, metallic lip color (one of my favorites back in the mid-'90s used to be Urban Decay Gash, back when the lipstick tubes looked like bullet casings, although I think they changed it to something not as metallic when they changed the packaging, and now it looks like it's completely discontinued, so I can't even try it to verify whether I think it looks the same as the original version or not.  A dark metallic berry would be good, too.  Just something cool-toned, dark, and shimmery but not frosted, if that makes any sort of sense)
I just brough UD Gash when they had there summer sale for 3$  Love love LOVE this lipstick

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tarte is awesome! I met the founder a few months ago in NYC and she is so down to earth and even gave me a park avenue princess bronzer.  I just bought one of the lipsticks made out of some type of bamboo on Sunday at the VIB sale, and I got a cheek stain and a sample of the Amazonian clay foundation.  Whenever my benefit foundation runs out, I'm getting the tarte one.
Maureen seems like a nice person!  I love tarte blushes - have a million of these, the maracuja lip shines, maracuja oil, the bronzer, a million lipsurgences, the mascaras, eyeshadows etc. I LOVE tarte!!!!!

Latest posts

Back