DeGeneres Back As Host of Emmy Awards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ellen DeGeneres, who drew praise for her graceful performance as host of the Emmy Awards that followed the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, will be back in charge of the ceremony this year.

The 57th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, to be held Sept. 18 at the Shrine Auditorium, will air on CBS.

"You know me, any excuse to put on a dress," DeGeneres joked in a statement announcing that she was returning as host.

DeGeneres was a big winner at the Daytime Emmy Awards in May. She was named best talk show host and the syndicated "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" was honored as best talk show.

"Ellen has demonstrated her extraordinary ability to connect with the television viewing audience. ... We are delighted to have her back," said Dick Askin, chairman of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

Presenters announced this week for the ceremony include Halle Berry, Jon Cryer, Mariska Hargitay, Charlie Sheen, Jon Stewart and Kiefer Sutherland.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love Ellen... I am sure that she will do a great job! Ditto! That's great! I just hope to have the time to view it. It's 3:24 am and I'm still trying to catch up on email since 1 am. MuT keeps distracting me. I'm addicted.

I love Ellen, too and I'm happy to hear she's back. I just wish I could catch her show more often.

Melissa, I think we may all need a 12 step program for MUT.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia I love Ellen, too and I'm happy to hear she's back. I just wish I could catch her show more often. I don't know if you have the Oxygen network but (at least in the west coast) they replay her show at 11 pm. Usually, its a week behind or so.

Originally Posted by Sofia Melissa, I think we may all need a 12 step program for MUT.
wink.gif
The worst thing is my son is with his father this w/e and instead of going out and having a few drinks with friends I chose to stay home and practice my mu & be on the computer (mostly MuT)!!

Latest posts

Back