DeGeneres wins 2nd consecutive Daytime Emmy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so glad she won. I really like her show and am glad that she is able to be successful again after her coming out.

By Christopher MichaudSat May 21, 1:38 AM ET

Ellen DeGeneres made it two-for-two on Friday, copping a second consecutive Daytime Emmy award for outstanding talk show in her program's second year, then added another award for best talk show host.

"General Hospital" won the Emmy for best soap opera for the eighth time, breaking the Daytime Emmys' record for the top drama award.

DeGeneres moved to daytime television after a moderate success with her prime time sitcom "Ellen," for which she won a writing Emmy, taking the top daytime honor for the "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in her very first outing. But this year she was also named outstanding host.

"Oh man, I love my job," the comedian told the cheering audience at Radio City Music Hall. "It's just listening to people talk -- it's like being a bartender," she said after paying special tribute to her fans by telling them: "I feel the love."

Another famous host, Martha Stewart, also picked up an Emmy for outstanding service show for "Martha Stewart Living." But the lifestyle guru, who was recently released from prison after an insider trading scandal, lost to Bobby Flay ("Boy Meets Grill") and Michael Chiarello ("Easy Entertaining"), who tied for best service show host.

Top acting honors went to Erika Slezak of "One Life to Live," who joined the cast in 1971 and won a record sixth Emmy on Friday as best actress, while Christian Jules LeBlanc of "The Young and the Restless" was named best actor on his first foray in that category.

Veteran talk show host-turned game show producer Merv Griffin, who created both "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune," was presented with the lifetime achievement award.

Griffin, whose years as a host saw him interview top world leaders, entertainers and athletes, called daytime television "the most inventive, wonderful, creative part of television."

Best game show went to "Jeopardy" for the 10th time, while former journalist Meredith Vieira was named outstanding game show host, her first win in the category, for the daytime version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."

Other noteworthy winners included Henry Winkler of "Happy Days" fame, who was named outstanding performer in an animated program for "Clifford's Puppy Days," and Stockard Channing who won the Emmy for best performance in a family special for "Jack."

She is great and soooo funny. I was so upset when they moved her show from 10am to 4pm. Whenit was on it the morning I would go upstairs flick on the tv and walk on the treadmill for an hour. Now that its on at 4
redface.gif
o I find I'm never home to watch it or too busy starting dinner or something. Some people say they don't like her since she came out but I don't care. She is funny and entertaining and on her show not "in your face gay" . Happy she won!

i'm glad she won. i think she definitely deserves it. she's quite funny and entertaining to watch.

Latest posts

Back