Deoderant/Antipersperant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Dove powder scent. Smells so good. Also, Avon has one called "cool confidence" that is a roll on for .99 smells so good and works great! I love those both!

Originally Posted by eightthirty What deoderant/antipersperant do you all use?
I use Dove without fail!!

I use BAN! I love the scents I have (Sweet Surrender for the stick and Powder Fresh for the roll-on). It is the only one that keeps me drier than any other one that I have used.

i use secret platinum!!
biggrin.gif

I used Dove for about 2 years, then switched to Secret Platinum for a few months. Now I use BAN in Sweet Surrender and I love it...I'll be sticking to it for a while.

Originally Posted by girl_geek I also use Dove after developing an allergic reaction to Secret ... however their "Goes on Clear" formula doesn't actually go on clear. I was getting tired of all the white deodorant on my clothes so I recently picked up a Soft N Dry gel just for the days where I'm wearing sleeveless shirts. I don't really like the gel since it makes my armpits feel wet for a while after I apply it, lol, but it seems to work so that's good enough for me. I use Dove too! and I got an allergic reaction to Secret!

Dove and Soft n' Dry. Some deodorants don't work for me =/ I really like Soft n' Dry's scents though

Secret Platinum blocked all my sweat glands and I had to go without deodorant for 2 months for it to clear up, darn that was painfull!!!

I'm a sweaty gal
icon_redface.gif
and Dove just isn't tough enough, so I use regular Secret. Active or Sporty scent, something like that.

I use the crystal in liquid form on my feet when I wear flip flops
icon_redface.gif

I used to use Dove. It was good. Then I switched to Adidas underarm persp. because I recently read something about the ingredients in it won't block your glands.

(It was that e-mail or old wives tale about getting cancer from underarm antipersperant that made me switch)
icon_redface.gif

For everyday, I use ban clear roll-on. I don't want any white residue or any scent. This works fine but I would like something with more strength.

For those ladies who sweat quite a bit or want to avoid those annoying dark spots under the arms when you're not even hot or sweating, I'd suggest using Certain Dri. I can wear t tshirts in hot weather and not sweat underneath my arms when I use this stuff. It's pretty strong so you don't use it everyday like a deodorant. My cousin turned me onto this product and I've been using it for years.

Mitchum roll on

Originally Posted by eightthirty What deoderant/antipersperant do you all use?
I use Dove without fail!!

Originally Posted by Cirean Secret Platinum blocked all my sweat glands and I had to go without deodorant for 2 months for it to clear up, darn that was painfull!!!
I'm a sweaty gal
icon_redface.gif
and Dove just isn't tough enough, so I use regular Secret. Active or Sporty scent, something like that.

I use the crystal in liquid form on my feet when I wear flip flops
icon_redface.gif

Yeah, I sweat a lot, as well--it can be rather embarrassing 'cause no deodorant seems to work very well for me
icon_cry.gif
I used to use Degree, but that did absolutely no good for me, so I switched to Dove, but that didn't do too well, either--and neither was very clear at all. So... I switched to Secret Platinum (in some rainforest-y scent), and it's OK--certainly clear, because it's a gel and it smells strong, which is actually a problem when I wear body spray. I don't like the scented ones because it really can be overpowering, so when I do wear a scented one, I usually can't wear my body spray or the smells will clash
icon_frown.gif
I've been seriously considering switching to Ban. But I'll probably wait 'til I run out of Secret *shrugs*

Dove - in the original scent.... smells SOOOO good!! I Wish they made that smell in a perfume!! :icon_love I've been using it since it came out... won't use anything else!

I must be the only one who hates Dove. I tried the Dove for sensitive skin before, and although it was one of the few antiperspirants that didn't make me break out in a rash, it did nothing as a deodorant! I stank so bad when I went to workout...I never used it again. I just stick to my Crystal, even though I still sweat with it, at least I don't stink!

Back