Department Store Mini Haul & Situation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I went into this department store at lunch time and I did a little damage.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I bought a Mac Viva Glam 5 lipstick and Spice Lip Pencil.

Then I went over to the Christian Dior counter to buy their new self tanner. I got back to the office and I realized the sales guy gave me the wrong tanner - I wanted the one with the shimmer to it. Now I didn't use it and it was a few hours ago. I plan on going back there after work to exchange it. I did tear off the cellophane that protects the box, but I got the receipt and the box and the bag, everything. Do you think they will give me a hard time returning it even though the cellophane on the box is ripped off? I hope not....
icon_frown.gif

The other thing I wanted to mention was that the MAC counter was the only counter that the sales people didn't chase me around the store and practically hog tie me into buying something. All the other sales people are SO DAMN ANNOYING!! They bother you while looking....I'm like no thank you, no thank you, no thank you....I need a recorder to just press and play this over and over again.

I just may become a MAC convert like the rest of you
icon_wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nice haul!! I love VGV!
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't think they would give you any hassle about exchanging it since the SA gave you the wrong one - it's still in the box with the receipt, so I don't imagine it'd be a problem.

And as for the SAs... I agree with you!! At MAC they leave me alone, and if I just want to look, they're cool with that. They might come by every now and then to ask if I'm still doing all right or if I've found what I wanted, but I don't ever feel pressure to buy or like I'm being stalked. Gotta love MAC!
wink.gif

GREAT HAUL!!! i love spice lip liner.I cant stan when sales people are hounding you it is so annoying.I would prefer if they ask me first if i need help and if i dont at the moment ,to leave me be till i do!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It seems like its getting worse. The minute you set foot in the door on the first floor they are all over you like a cheap suit. I like to browse all the counters and test product on my hand. That's why I love Sephora because they leave you alone. But they don't carry everything. So I go into Macy's or Saks and fuggedaboutit. They practically sit on your head !! I know....this is an age old complaint....but....GRRR !!!!
icon_evil.gif

Great haul! That's my favorite Lipstick!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I wouldn't think that they would give you any trouble exchanging it. Just tell him he gave you the wrong one...
wink.gif

great haul. you shouldn't have a problem returning it since it's only the wrapper. even if you used it, it would be ok to return since you have the receipt and stuff. did you buy it from macy's? i think you might need the little bar code thing on that though. not sure.

I got it from Saks - or as I think they SHOULD be called "STALKS"
icon_evil.gif
icon_lol.gif

I can't wait to try it. I figured, let me try a more expensive self tanner just to see if it stinks less than the drugstore ones. I used the Jergens stuff last night and this morning I put on some scented body lotion to mask the smell. Yeesh!!

The bad thing is when I put on body lotion on my legs, then my pants feel too tight putting them on. (what an excuse!)
icon_redface.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back