depotting Kryolan

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried depotting Kryolan "dry rouge" eye shadow pans? My MU box is just overflowing, and I'm trying to palletize everything. I'm just wondering if it is possible to get the pans out. Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Marisol Do you have a picture? Are they like MAC at all? Oo! I can't find the cord for my digital camera!
They are larger than MAC. I can see a metal ring between the eye shadow and the outside plastic container. The metal ring and the pan sit about a millimeter higher than the plastic part of the container. So I suspect that they can be depotted, but I'm just so afraid that they can't be!

Have you seen this thread on depotting MAC shadows? Perhaps it can help with the ones that you are trying to depot or at least give you an idea in the right direction.

Originally Posted by Marisol Have you seen this thread on depotting MAC shadows? Perhaps it can help with the ones that you are trying to depot or at least give you an idea in the right direction. Oh wow! I've never seen those methods! I depotted 4 other e/s today by sticking them in the toster oven. Wow! I'll have to try those other techniques. Thanks for pointing that out! You are wonderful!!!

I have depotted a lot of e/s with that technique and it really does work! Hope that it works for yours.

I found a really good method - haven't had any casualties, and it takes 2 seconds!
wink.gif

Heat up the bottom with a lighter, and take an X-Acto knife and push it right through the bottom's center. Wa-la... done! Knife is also good for removing the labels and scraping excess glue off the bottom of the pan. I usually stick the pan to my hand, bed, desk, whatever, so that it loses stickyness before putting it in the palette.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I always see it at makeup shops that specialize in theater or FX makeup, sometimes at costume shops too.

I actually haven't tried depotting them yet. I'll probably do it next time I depot a batch. I love my Kryolan so much more than all my other e/s so I'm a little more hesitant about depotting them. I accidentally took a big chunk out of my MAC Humid when I depotted it, but I'm not nearly as attached to my MAC e/s.

Originally Posted by Liz where do you get kryolan? ebay!

Latest posts

Back