Depotting MAC e/s instructions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I have a question. does MAC sell any empty pallettes? I know they sell 4-pan-pallettes,right? I don´t really wanna buy anything online. but I`m starting to have too many MAC eyeshadows, so I want to have them somehow organized.

and if you only get the e/s pans, it´s cheaper right?? that would be another reason for me to start putting them into pallettes.

just too bad back 2 mac is not possible here in austria...but I don´t ever wear lipstick anyway...that´s the only thing you get,right?

Yeah... I think it's for a lipstick only. I got my 15pan pallette from RenaelovesMAC on here... but they sell them online and in the Pro Stores I believe (I'm not sure about freestanding stores...) I just got it, and I pretty much have all my e/s in it except for about 6 of them... I need to save 4 spaces for pans I got on EBay... and the rest have to wait for another pallette. I filled it already!
icon_eek.gif
It was FUN though! LOL Although I have like no color scheme whatsoever since I pretty much put in all I had (and it's not that many to fill up entire pallettes of similar colors) So I'll just go as I am for now.. then maybe switch em' around once I get another pallette.
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle ok, I have a question. does MAC sell any empty pallettes? I know they sell 4-pan-pallettes,right? I don´t really wanna buy anything online. but I`m starting to have too many MAC eyeshadows, so I want to have them somehow organized.
and if you only get the e/s pans, it´s cheaper right?? that would be another reason for me to start putting them into pallettes.

just too bad back 2 mac is not possible here in austria...but I don´t ever wear lipstick anyway...that´s the only thing you get,right?

Ok... now you just made me think of something... If you buy pans.. they apparently aren't part of Back2Mac right??
frown.gif

Pans aren't B2M b/c no plastic casing, and B2M is for l/s only. The freestanding MAC stores have 4 and 15 pan palettes and they do sell individual pans without the plastic casing but not of LE products.

E/s in plastic casing is $13 IIRC and the pans are $9.50. So if you add it up, getting the plastic just for B2M l/s does not add up anyway.

hth!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Pans aren't B2M b/c no plastic casing, and B2M is for l/s only. The freestanding MAC stores have 4 and 15 pan palettes and they do sell individual pans without the plastic casing but not of LE products.
E/s in plastic casing is $13 IIRC and the pans are $9.50. So if you add it up, getting the plastic just for B2M l/s does not add up anyway.

hth!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

cool...so I´ll only be buying the pans from now on and get some 4 pan pallettes from MAC. that way I can "control" myself and not buy more than 4 blues, greens etc. +

Thanks for posting the info on depotting, but thought I'd make a suggestion to make depotting a little easier than holding over fire or using hot screwdrivers. I hope you don't mind!

Once you remove the inner plastic holder, just set the whole thing on a candle or coffee cup warmer(you can do three or four at a time), leave it for about five minutes(more if needed), take your tweezers and the metal pot will pull right out of the plastic holder! You might have to bend the plastic hold just a tad, and it will pop up. But, I have burned myself, gauged my shadow all kinds of mishaps and this has been the foolproof way for me. Works everytime with no damage!

Originally Posted by SHOEGAL Thanks for posting the info on depotting, but thought I'd make a suggestion to make depotting a little easier than holding over fire or using hot screwdrivers. I hope you don't mind!
Once you remove the inner plastic holder, just set the whole thing on a candle or coffee cup warmer(you can do three or four at a time), leave it for about five minutes(more if needed), take your tweezers and the metal pot will pull right out of the plastic holder! You might have to bend the plastic hold just a tad, and it will pop up. But, I have burned myself, gauged my shadow all kinds of mishaps and this has been the foolproof way for me. Works everytime with no damage!

Thanks for the tip Shoegal !! Welcome to MakeupTalk!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!!! I found a good way after stabbing my "meadowland' e/s the other day... I have an X-Acto hobby knife (like in the pic above) and i just push that through the bottom after heating it up w/ a lighter... not much damage to the plastic (only a thin slit) and no damage to shadow whatsoever!! Now if I'd only tried that BEFORE I ruined a few e/s!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Welcome to MuT, Shoegal! I'm Jess from Hawaii. I look forward to chatting with you!

Thanks for the great depotting tip. It sounds easier than the candle and pen method I've been using. I was too lazy to look for a screwdriver so I just used the tip of a ballpoint pen. Worked great and didn't damage the pen! But your method sounds easier.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome! Am looking forward to chatting with all of you lovely gals on MuT!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Welcome to MuT, Shoegal! I'm Jess from Hawaii. I look forward to chatting with you!
Thanks for the great depotting tip. It sounds easier than the candle and pen method I've been using. I was too lazy to look for a screwdriver so I just used the tip of a ballpoint pen. Worked great and didn't damage the pen! But your method sounds easier.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Janelle. Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to chatting with all of you on MuT. I envy you, I live in AZ and would love to move to NY. Of course where I would want to live would be expensive(Manhatten). Where can you live in NY that would still be close to the city, but not as expensive. Someone told me the trains take you all over and you can be minutes from the city.
redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks for the tip Shoegal !! Welcome to MakeupTalk!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!!! I found a good way after stabbing my "meadowland' e/s the other day... I have an X-Acto hobby knife (like in the pic above) and i just push that through the bottom after heating it up w/ a lighter... not much damage to the plastic (only a thin slit) and no damage to shadow whatsoever!! Now if I'd only tried that BEFORE I ruined a few e/s!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by SHOEGAL Hi Janelle. Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to chatting with all of you on MuT. I envy you, I live in AZ and would love to move to NY. Of course where I would want to live would be expensive(Manhatten). Where can you live in NY that would still be close to the city, but not as expensive. Someone told me the trains take you all over and you can be minutes from the city.
redface.gif
Honestly, pretty much anything in NY is expensive nowadays!!!
rolleyes.gif
But the city is rediculous! I live about 1hr.15min. from the city by train. Not too bad. And trust me, unless you've driven in a demolition derby, you definitely DON'T wanna drive there... its CRAZY!!! I've never driven in the city, and probably NEVER will. The trains do take you pretty much everywhere anyway. You might wanna check out Westchester, or somewhere more "upstate"... probably not too much cheaper, but might be depending on where you want to go. I live on Long Island (Suffolk county) and it's getting pretty pricey out here too. But I love it where I am... you can check it out too
smile.gif
(But anything close to the city has like no property - out east you have more room.)

Originally Posted by SHOEGAL Thanks for posting the info on depotting, but thought I'd make a suggestion to make depotting a little easier than holding over fire or using hot screwdrivers. I hope you don't mind!

hey shoegal! you have the same name on other sites, right? welcome to mut.
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome! I don't have the same name on other forums! I have been on the other site and swapped for sometime, wanted to try a name more fun!!

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse hey shoegal! you have the same name on other sites, right? welcome to mut.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SHOEGAL Thanks for the welcome! I don't have the same name on other forums! I have been on the other site and swapped for sometime, wanted to try a name more fun!! ahh, ok. good thing i asked! theres another shoegal running around out there. lol.

If you follow the instructions, its real easy. And on the plus side, you can get a new lippie!

what i like to use is this little lighter that is like a torch. it heats it up really fast compared to a candle or something. since the flame comes straight out, not like candle or regular lighter flames that may waver around from the wind blowing it. i have to do mine ouitside because the smell is horrible and will stink up the apartment.

Originally Posted by Naturally I have to thank you for this post. I did 12 e/s Friday night in 15 mins ..it was so easy. I used the sheet magnets (or whatever you call it) and cut them to size. But I didn't glue them on ..I used the existing glue to adhere them to the bottoms. Then I made little labels for the colors! Now I have to go take my 12 e/s pots to the MAC counter and get my lippies! WHOOHOO ..I'll post pix when that happens! I am glad that these instructions helped you out!

Originally Posted by Naturally I have to thank you for this post. I did 12 e/s Friday night in 15 mins ..it was so easy. I used the sheet magnets (or whatever you call it) and cut them to size. But I didn't glue them on ..I used the existing glue to adhere them to the bottoms. Then I made little labels for the colors! Now I have to go take my 12 e/s pots to the MAC counter and get my lippies! WHOOHOO ..I'll post pix when that happens! Awesome Kim! I find myself trying to find things to depot so I can trade in... lol It's addicting !!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back