Depotting MAC e/s instructions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay! what lippies are you gonna get?

i'm not a big lippie person, so i have a hard time trying to trade in my b2m stuff.

Originally Posted by Liz yay! what lippies are you gonna get?
i'm not a big lippie person, so i have a hard time trying to trade in my b2m stuff.

Send em' over here!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Send em' over here!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol! i'm gonna keep them for like upcoing collections and stuff. whenever i feel like shopping, i'll bring some of them in and try to find shades i like so that it feels like i am shopping, but i won't be spending any $$$!

Originally Posted by Liz lol! i'm gonna keep them for like upcoing collections and stuff. whenever i feel like shopping, i'll bring some of them in and try to find shades i like so that it feels like i am shopping, but i won't be spending any $$$! i have to figure out what lippie i want for my b2m i haven't had many since i have been mostly buying pans

im confused why are you guys turning mac pots in??? do they give you free lippies but why do they want the pots?
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 im confused why are you guys turning mac pots in??? do they give you free lippies but why do they want the pots?
icon_neutral.gif
back2MAC.jpg

I became very comfortable depotting Mac e/s since I do mine, my sister's, and my friend's. I like the free e/s idea too, gives me modivation
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... managed to do 6 - so I can get a lipstick when I go there today!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Some came out easier than others though... I dont' think my "espresso' likes me very much anymore after I violated the hell out of it..
icon_redface.gif
I used tweezers to hold the little plastic part w/ the pan in it... held my lighter under it for a few... then just pryed a tiny bit w/ a little jeweler's screwdriver so that I can finally take cuticle nippers and lift it up...
icon_cool.gif
There's still a bunch of glue on the back... so I just left it on my bed until it cooled... and the glue wasn't so tacky - then popped them in. Oh, do they sell stickers or something to put on the lid so you can write the colors down? I saw this online somewhere, but I didn't know if there were special things.. or if they were just regular round label/stickers... and just use pencil to write em' in?
icon_wink.gif
oh well... I'm off to MAC... hopefully they'll take them back w/ 2 pots not closing because I think I melted the tabs a bit too much... WHOOPS!
icon_rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
I'm not quite understanding why everyone is fidgiting around with these pots
icon_question.gif
Do they not have them in the Pro pallette form in the US
icon_question.gif
icon_wink.gif

Yes, they do have the pots and pallettes but only regular Mac stores carry them. I go to Nordstrom because it is a lot closer than the Mac store in my area and that's why I end up depotting e/s
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Makeupgirl4ever
confused.gif
I'm not quite understanding why everyone is fidgiting around with these pots
icon_question.gif
Do they not have them in the Pro pallette form in the US
icon_question.gif
Cant understand why not
icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif

Thanks for the great tip on depoting eyeshadows!! I had an failed experiment with an Sonya Kashuck single-pan shadow: I had taken a heated mini-screw driver; trying to push the pan out. Nothing.... Then

I took one of the blades from my nail-scissors and was trying to push the pan out- Well,
icon_redface.gif
I must have pushed too hard!! Made a hole a-l-l- the way through!! Next time, I will try melting the bottom of the thingie the pan is sitting in, and then take a mini-screwer driver and gently push the pan out. Sooner_Chick

My co-worker just picked up a palette for me. The eyeshadows that I have look larger than the ones in the palette. If I follow the method shown, will they fit in the palette that MAC sells, or will I have to buy another size? The one I have is called the Pro Colour Palette. It doesn't look like my shadows will fit.

oh wow, does this mean that if i depot them, they fill fit in the palettes? i really want them in a pallette now but i have 4 potted ones and i thought it would be odd if i started buying the non potted ones now, but i guess i can then if they fit! do they, do they??? lol

Some LE e/s are bigger than regular size but 99% of them are fine. CottonCandy, 50% of mine are depotted myself & 50% were bought in pan form. They look the exact same in the palette, there's no difference whatsoever except the pan form e/s has the name on the back and a magnet.

Originally Posted by Bronxcutie My co-worker just picked up a palette for me. The eyeshadows that I have look larger than the ones in the palette. If I follow the method shown, will they fit in the palette that MAC sells, or will I have to buy another size? The one I have is called the Pro Colour Palette. It doesn't look like my shadows will fit. I bet once you depot them they'll be fine. They sometimes look bigger in the pot because of the black surrounds. MAC's palettes are all the exact same size for e/s.

yay, i depotted all my shadows today using the candle method! i was so scared i'd drop them into the candle lol.
icon_rolleyes.gif
but they turned out good
smile.gif

do stila eyeshadows fit in the pac palettes?

I wondering where do you get these palettes are they only at MAC?

Back