• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are three new mystery bags at Dermstore.com this weekend. 

http://www.dermstore.com/lp/1050

A Luxury Grab bag valued at $226 for $24.95

A Skin and Hair bag valued at $165 for $19.95

and A Makeup bag valued at $111 for $14.95

I think its pretty cool that they split them up like that

That's pretty neat! I put it in my cart, but I stopped and am going to think about it for a few. 

Oh gosh, this is so tempting. Especially since they really aren't that much. I'm a little hesitant, though, since I've done a couple of mystery bags/boxes in the past and I ended up getting burned pretty bad on them. 

Last time I ordered a mystery bag from Dermstore it was about 8-10 items from their beautyfix subscription service (skindinavia spray, Johnathan hairspray and another Johnathan product, Purlisse, 3lab product, Kinerase, etc).  It was a pretty good deal.  I ordered a Luxury bag and a Makeup bag this time and with a $25 off $50 coupon it came out to be pretty cheap. 

ooh...I just noticed the images.  I have no idea if these are representative of what's actually in the mystery bags, but just in case:

Luxury Bag ($226 / $24.95)

Skin and Hair ($165 / $19.95)

Makeup ($111 / $14.95)

The mystery bags are ONLY available through Monday.

The bottles in the background of the hair one remind me of the Kronos hair set that was in BeautyFixes last season.

Ooooh, thanks for pointing this out. I got all 3 for $34.95 using my $25 off from beauty fix
yay.gif

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh, thanks for pointing this out. I got all 3 for $34.95 using my $25 off from beauty fix
yay.gif
ahh you'll have to let us know what's in them!!

It's tempting, but I'm not gonna bite lol. I made it through TJ Maxx and after picking up an armful of Philosophy and hair products, i put everything back and walked out empty handed! I'm trying to scale back and already bought some mystery boxes from Julep and BeautyBar the last two months. But I can't wait to see what everyone gets! Let us know!

I can't believe I caved! I got all 3. I seriously have issues. But I did use the $25 off so it came to $37.38 (damn CA sales tax).

Originally Posted by Snow24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe I caved! I got all 3. I seriously have issues. But I did use the $25 off so it came to $37.38 (damn CA sales tax).
That's a good deal, especially if you get items you're happy with! Keep us posted on what goodies you get lol.

i hope im not wrong, but i habe a strong gut feeling that in the makeup mystery bag there is a small skindinavia spray and perhaps a tarte blush.

Originally Posted by KristenBlair /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i hope im not wrong, but i habe a strong gut feeling that in the makeup mystery bag there is a small skindinavia spray and perhaps a tarte blush.
yeah I keep wanting to guess what they are too!! lol  But then I wonder if it's actually the products or not, even.

The spray bottle is too generic for me to tell, it looks like any spray bottle, but a finishing spray would make sense for makeup.  Or a moisturizing mist? Or brush cleanser?

The 3rd one looks kind of like a long bristled kabuki brush...which I hope it's not, because for me, I think the bristles would be too long for a kabuki to apply well.  But I can't think of what else it could possibly be (it looks a little floppy at the top, which makes me think it might be long fibers that are slightly tilted over)

I don't know what the 2nd one is at all...the 4th definitely looks like some sort of circular compact that's opened up.

For Skin and Hair, the front jar looks like the 3M cream (at least the lid does) that's currently in the BeautyFix selections.

The Luxury bag is just way too hard lol.  Generic looking big tube (probably face/body). Generic looking bottle. Generic looking lip/eye product tube.  And that same funky looking shadow that I can't figure out from the makeup bag. lol.  Although I wonder...if they are the actual pictures, are they true to size? because if that is a lipgloss or eye cream, then the other 3 shadow products are teeny sized.

I got the makeup one with my 25 off of 50 and then added a stila cheek and lip stain  in passion fruit and stila lip trio set, all for 25.95. So excited to get it! Hopefully it does have a tarte blush in it! I love those!

It's tempting, but I'm not gonna bite lol. I made it through TJ Maxx and after picking up an armful of Philosophy and hair products, i put everything back and walked out empty handed! I'm trying to scale back and already bought some mystery boxes from Julep and BeautyBar the last two months. But I can't wait to see what everyone gets! Let us know!
Did u say philosophy @tj max?! Omg im soo there tomorrow! Thanks

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did u say philosophy @tj max?! Omg im soo there tomorrow! Thanks
The TJ Maxx near me always has some Philosophy products. They usually have stuff by the Balm, Ahava, sometimes StriVectin. It's always good to check there first when you are craving skincare and haircare. Oh, and perfume if you're into that.

I'm really wanting these Mystery Bags from Dermstore, but I can't bring myself to do it unless I get a coupon. I would probably end up with dupes of some stuff that I already have, but those would be great for gifts for my mom, my aunt, and my bestie.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The TJ Maxx near me always has some Philosophy products. They usually have stuff by the Balm, Ahava, sometimes StriVectin. It's always good to check there first when you are craving skincare and haircare. Oh, and perfume if you're into that.

I'm really wanting these Mystery Bags from Dermstore, but I can't bring myself to do it unless I get a coupon. I would probably end up with dupes of some stuff that I already have, but those would be great for gifts for my mom, my aunt, and my bestie.
I want the bags too, soo bad!!! lol I just tried every coupon code listed on Retailmenot.com All im finding is this...COMPLETE 2 OR MORE PRODUCT SURVEYS & RECEIVE A $25 GIFT CARD! but is this legit, do you know?​

Latest posts

Back