Dermstore's Beautyfix: 2nd quarter selections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AHHHHHH 
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif
 There's so many things I wanted this season... maybe I should just sign up for another box!

lol, I got lucky as I have a second sub for my Mom and she told me to skip it for her. HAHAHA, no way I was doing that! I paid for her box, for me! LOL. And all of those products have been pretty great too. Liking the Dermaquest Skin Vitalight I got in that box. My Mom's favorite hobby is coming to my house when she's out of something and going beauty product shopping in my cabinets, so it's not like she's going without by skipping and me taking it. 
icon_lol.gif
 Her second favorite hobby is looking through my purse collection and going "new purse shopping", which really means she looks through my purses and decides that the one she likes the most looks better on her arm anyway. 
icon_lol.gif
 Between my mom, my sister, and my nieces, nothing I have goes to waste.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im really liking the skin vitalight as well!! And HelloLeilani you are GORGEOUS!

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much)! 
icon_redface.gif

That Skin Vitalight is such a surprise to me too, didn't expect to like it so much. So happy my Mom decided to be cheap, skip the season, and let me take the box. 
biggrin.gif

A lot of the items will still be available next season and you can pick some of them during summer.

(The Chella facemask, for example, was one of my picks from Fall...err actually I got the Exuviance mask then, too)

Got around to making my picks for the quarter. I'm a week away from being totally out of face moisturizer, so I picked a bunch to see if any of them work for me (I've been in arizona for four years and I still can't figure this one out!). I like having a heavier lotion at night and lighter one for under my makeup...

Kinerase Photofacials Night Moisturizer

iQ Derma Clear Remedy Hydrating Lotion 

Canyon Ranch Your Tranformation Balance Light Weight Moisture 

Chella Enzyme Exfoliating Crema Mask 

3LAB M Creme

Lisa Hoffman Beauty Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum

Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer - Travel size 

Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cleanser (I seriously can't get enough of this stuff)

I didn't double check the prices, but I think it's in the neighborhood of $350. I'd never actually pay full price for individual items, but I figure the last moisturizer I bought and was just "meh" about cost $26, so getting to try a bunch for $30 is pretty darn good!
I'm not sure if I will ever run out of moisturizer again, with all these samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like your choices. $49.99 sounds so intimidating until you break it down over three months and the amount of product you get compared to other subs. (Easy for me to say, since I haven't paid that much yet. I had a coupon code for both of my boxes thanks to the ladies of MUT.)

My first Beautyfix haul. I'm part African-American and have obnoxious hair sometimes, so I was interested in mostly hair products. It was in the worth around $470, and I paid $19.99.
I will be putting up three full size Nick Chavez hair products for trade tomorrow, if you want to keep an eye out.

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much)! 
icon_redface.gif

That Skin Vitalight is such a surprise to me too, didn't expect to like it so much. So happy my Mom decided to be cheap, skip the season, and let me take the box. 
biggrin.gif
I am happy to read good things about the Skin Vitalight. I received it in my first box, haven't tried it yet since I am trying a limited amount of samples at a time.

I feel the same way about the moisturizer! I keep buying ones I don't love, so I figured what the heck? I think the $49.99 is a good deal as long as there's enough that I'll actually use, and so far there definitely has been (plus getting to try a few new things, like the mask and serum I wouldn't have otherwise bought). I did try the Lisa Hoffman serum last night, and my skin feels great this morning.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if I will ever run out of moisturizer again, with all these samples.
smile.gif
I like your choices. $49.99 sounds so intimidating until you break it down over three months and the amount of product you get compared to other subs. (Easy for me to say, since I haven't paid that much yet. I had a coupon code for both of my boxes thanks to the ladies of MUT.)

lol your mom and sisters and nieces are super lucky!  and yes I agree with CookiesGirl!  You are beautiful!  Can I ask, what ethnicity are you?

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, I got lucky as I have a second sub for my Mom and she told me to skip it for her. HAHAHA, no way I was doing that! I paid for her box, for me! LOL. And all of those products have been pretty great too. Liking the Dermaquest Skin Vitalight I got in that box. My Mom's favorite hobby is coming to my house when she's out of something and going beauty product shopping in my cabinets, so it's not like she's going without by skipping and me taking it. 
icon_lol.gif
 Her second favorite hobby is looking through my purse collection and going "new purse shopping", which really means she looks through my purses and decides that the one she likes the most looks better on her arm anyway. 
icon_lol.gif
 Between my mom, my sister, and my nieces, nothing I have goes to waste.

hopefully the exuviance mask will still be there next time!  I got the Chella enzyme mask this time but haven't tried it yet.  Do you like it?

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of the items will still be available next season and you can pick some of them during summer.

(The Chella facemask, for example, was one of my picks from Fall...err actually I got the Exuviance mask then, too)

Firenrice, I got the cells mask. Ehh...this may sound weird but it disappears into my skin and it almost makes me feel like it doesn't work because I can't see it lol! My skin felt soft after but....? That's all I can really say about it that I can remember

The Chella mask, are you making sure your face is still wet when you apply it?  I think the instructions say to have a wet/damp face and massage it into the skin (the skin stays kind of wet-ish)...the mask like...tingle/tickles my face almost the entire time I have it on.

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol your mom and sisters and nieces are super lucky!  and yes I agree with CookiesGirl!  You are beautiful!  Can I ask, what ethnicity are you?

Thank you so much! I'm quite mixed actually. There's a list of three things I usually say to keep it simple but I'm actually made up of a little longer of a list. It all boils down to me being Polynesian, Southern European, and Asian with sprinkles of one other race. I sound like a recipe. lol! You ready?... 
icon_lol.gif

I'm Native Hawaiian (with a Tahitian family line in there), Portuguese (Azorean and Madeiran islander), Chinese (Cantonese), Spanish, with Native Brazilian sprinkles (oh those Portuguese sailors). But my family has been in Hawai'i, on both sides of my family, for well over 100 years, with of course my Native Hawaiian side always being there. Culturally, I'm Native Hawaiian, though sometimes I think there's a 15 year old Japanese girl hiding in me. 
icon_lol.gif

I used the Chella mask once and liked it. It was just different for me, never used anything quite like it. I'm used to putting on something that's super visible on (gel, mud, etc.,). But my face was definitely soft after! 

Ooh the Chella mask sounds interesting, I'll have to try it tonight. (and leilani, agreed, you are gorgeous!).

Had a chance to review a few of the things from my box, here are my reviews from my blog (sorry in advance for the length). The only thing I've been disappointed with so far is the Kinerase night moisturizer, has anyone else tried it or the Kinerase cleanser yet? I almost picked the cleanser but I'm sort of glad I didn't now...

Quote: Lisa Hoffman Beauty Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum If you watched my unboxing, you know I'm a little wary of any product with "Serum" in the name (also that I am incapable of opening things). According to its product blurb, the serum is supposed to improve skin texture, moisturize to minimize fine lines, and create an overall "healthier" appearance. The serum itself is clear with only a faint odor, and when I first put it on my skin it's a little greasy feeling. After that it soaks right in, and goes on nicely underneath a moisturizer. You're supposed to apply it in the morning and evening, but I'm afraid it will be too oily under makeup so I haven't tried that yet (maybe on a day off). Verdict: Feels nice, too early to tell if it has the intended effects. I'll keep you updated.

Canyon Ranch Balance Light Weight Moisture So far I've tried this in the evening after washing my face and in the morning. At night I use a Clarisonic brush with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser (a winter beautyfix pick), and Canyon Ranch wasn't heavy enough afterwards. In the morning I use Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cleanser, about which I will refrain from raving incessantly, and Canyon Ranch is a perfect moisturizer to go on before makeup. It soaked right in but I still felt and looked moisturized, so that's a win. 

Kinerase Photofacials Night Moisturizer I'm glad I only got a 1oz sample of this, because it stung my face something fierce. I used it after the Lisa Hoffman Serum, so I already had some sort of moisturizing base on, and it made my cheeks feel raw, almost like after bad windburn or something. I don't know enough about ingredients to hazard a guess as to what might have been in there that caused the reaction, but it was awfully unpleasant. My skin has been a little drier than usual this week, so maybe I'll give it another shot when that's not a problem. Maybe.

ooo yay Cantonese!  ;P

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so much! I'm quite mixed actually. There's a list of three things I usually say to keep it simple but I'm actually made up of a little longer of a list. It all boils down to me being Polynesian, Southern European, and Asian with sprinkles of one other race. I sound like a recipe. lol! You ready?... 
icon_lol.gif

I'm Native Hawaiian (with a Tahitian family line in there), Portuguese (Azorean and Madeiran islander), Chinese (Cantonese), Spanish, with Native Brazilian sprinkles (oh those Portuguese sailors). But my family has been in Hawai'i, on both sides of my family, for well over 100 years, with of course my Native Hawaiian side always being there. Culturally, I'm Native Hawaiian, though sometimes I think there's a 15 year old Japanese girl hiding in me. 
icon_lol.gif

Back