Dermstore's Beautyfix: 2nd quarter selections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lisa Hoffman Beauty Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum 

You're supposed to apply it in the morning and evening, but I'm afraid it will be too oily under makeup so I haven't tried that yet (maybe on a day off). Verdict: Feels nice, too early to tell if it has the intended effects. I'll keep you updated.
If you don't like the feeling of it under your makeup, I think it'll be fine to use it just at night. Better, actually, if doesn't all get absorbed into your skin before you step out into the sun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTi4t5LYYk&feature=plcp&context=C4445c7bVDvjVQa1PpcFMnaqkdORUPvqwh5S8otBwc0o-4JBlEufg=

I actually tried it under makeup this morning and had no problem during the day. I let it dry for probably 15-25 minutes while i did my hair before applying anything else. I'll keep using it every night, but if I'm in a rush in the mornings it might get skipped!

Originally Posted by icecreamofwheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you don't like the feeling of it under your makeup, I think it'll be fine to use it just at night. Better, actually, if doesn't all get absorbed into your skin before you step out into the sun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTi4t5LYYk&feature=plcp&context=C4445c7bVDvjVQa1PpcFMnaqkdORUPvqwh5S8otBwc0o-4JBlEufg=

Annelle, my face wasnt wet but definitely damp! I don't remember any tingling at all!....weird. Probably because my pores are so clogged lmao

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Annelle, my face wasnt wet but definitely damp! I don't remember any tingling at all!....weird. Probably because my pores are so clogged lmao

hmm.  I think...well I don't remember if I dried my hands, but after washing my face, I didn't dry off my face at all.  (lol I don't remember if I took the time to dry my hands so I could open the bottle or if I just opened it with wet hands. maybe everything was wet?) The mask mixed with the water on my face, and the tingling happened as it dried.  It wasn't wet enough to where it dripped off my face, but after maybe 30-60 seconds of massaging all over my face, it definitely wasn't completely absorbed by my skin, since my face was still wet-to-damp by the time I stopped massaging.

Lol my mom too! 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL. Yes indeed and my Mom acts like this 90% of the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HP2escR3qQ&ob=av3e

rofl2.gif

My favorite thing to say to someone pissing me off is to not mess with me cause I'm part-Bruce Lee and I WILL unleash the dragon. Awww yeah Cantonese pride! 

Yayy to Portuguese!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My family lives in Braga mostly.. I've never been there, but I'm slowly saving up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's my dream! lol You don't find many women of Portuguese decent though, they're usually all still in portugal lol

Thank you so much! I'm quite mixed actually. There's a list of three things I usually say to keep it simple but I'm actually made up of a little longer of a list. It all boils down to me being Polynesian, Southern European, and Asian with sprinkles of one other race. I sound like a recipe. lol! You ready?... 
icon_lol.gif

I'm Native Hawaiian (with a Tahitian family line in there), Portuguese (Azorean and Madeiran islander), Chinese (Cantonese), Spanish, with Native Brazilian sprinkles (oh those Portuguese sailors). But my family has been in Hawai'i, on both sides of my family, for well over 100 years, with of course my Native Hawaiian side always being there. Culturally, I'm Native Hawaiian, though sometimes I think there's a 15 year old Japanese girl hiding in me. 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by mszJessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yayy to Portuguese!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My family lives in Braga mostly.. I've never been there, but I'm slowly saving up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's my dream! lol You don't find many women of Portuguese decent though, they're usually all still in portugal lol

There's a lot of Portuguese in Hawai'i! Many of us are 3+ ethnic backgrounds and Portuguese is almost always one of them. 
smile.gif

For example of Portuguese influence there, here's one of O'ahu's most popular bakeries: 

http://www.leonardshawaii.com/ourstory.html

I shall go to Hawaii then! My friend just recently move to Muau ( I think) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's a lot of Portuguese in Hawai'i! Many of us are 3+ ethnic backgrounds and Portuguese is almost always one of them. 
smile.gif

For example of Portuguese influence there, here's one of O'ahu's most popular bakeries: 

http://www.leonardshawaii.com/ourstory.html

I shall go to Hawaii then! My friend just recently move to Muau ( I think) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maui. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) And Maui is beautiful, but really all of the isles are beautiful. I'm from O'ahu originally and have 150+ family members back home. I get sad being away from my homeland all of the time.

I was close hehe & i have about the same that live in Portugal, but I never been there my dad left when I was little & he lives over there with that side of my family. I'm dieing to go there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my Spring BeautyFix order yesterday. Thank you again, Annelle, for the $20 off coupon code. I received: Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash SkinMedica Vitamin C and E Complex Perricone Nutritive Cleanser Kinerase Photofacial Cleanser Becca Resurfacing Primer Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle Soothing Anti-Wrinkle Chella Enzyme Exfoliating Crema Mask Jonathan Finish Control High Shine Flexible Hairspray BeautyFix Cylinder Bag

I tried the Chella mask today and really liked it. It's a different consistency than other masks I've used, but it smelled good and my skin was so soft after taking it off.

I've been using the 3LAB cream for the past 5 days and noticed that my pores have gotten significantly larger (in weird places like between my eyes, some parts of my forehead, etc.).  Even my hubby noticed them.  The 3LAB cream is the only new item on my skin.  

I just read that growth hormone in skin creams can cause thicker skin and larger pores...noticed that the 3LAB M cream seems to have synthetic growth hormone...

Planning to stop using it and hope the pores look better...

I would have never brought it if it said synthetic or growth hormone.. both of those together just makes it sound worse :/

Originally Posted by sunchan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using the 3LAB cream for the past 5 days and noticed that my pores have gotten significantly larger (in weird places like between my eyes, some parts of my forehead, etc.).  Even my hubby noticed them.  The 3LAB cream is the only new item on my skin.  

I just read that growth hormone in skin creams can cause thicker skin and larger pores...noticed that the 3LAB M cream seems to have synthetic growth hormone...

Planning to stop using it and hope the pores look better...

I would have never brought it if it said synthetic or growth hormone.. both of those together just makes it sound worse :/

Yes.  It sounded kinda exciting at first, like some kinda panacea for wrinkles and such but you are right, it is kinda weird :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Anyways, I just did notice that a dark spot caused by a curling iron looks a lot lighter so, maybe it is working in some ways, but my sensitive skin just isn't liking it.

I'd be interested to know experiences of others who may be using the 3LAB M cream.

Also, just tried the Chella exfoliating enzyme mask and it really stung my skin!  I had to wash it off right away and got red patches.  I went ahead and put some aloe vera on my red patches but I am starting to think that my skin is just way too sensitive for some of these fancy skin care products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't tried the Chella mask, but I found that my skin didn't like the Canyon Reach Moisturizer, The vitamin a&c serum, and the skin vitalight.. I've put them up for trade in the birchbox trade forum..

Originally Posted by sunchan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes.  It sounded kinda exciting at first, like some kinda panacea for wrinkles and such but you are right, it is kinda weird :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Anyways, I just did notice that a dark spot caused by a curling iron looks a lot lighter so, maybe it is working in some ways, but my sensitive skin just isn't liking it.

I'd be interested to know experiences of others who may be using the 3LAB M cream.

Also, just tried the Chella exfoliating enzyme mask and it really stung my skin!  I had to wash it off right away and got red patches.  I went ahead and put some aloe vera on my red patches but I am starting to think that my skin is just way too sensitive for some of these fancy skin care products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been using the iQderma moisturizer exclusively for a few days and it has definitely helped clear up a nasty hormone-related breakout. Loving that one so far, but I have a feeling it won't be enough when it the summer weather starts getting dryer.

I still haven't tried the Chella mask, but I found that my skin didn't like the Canyon Reach Moisturizer, The vitamin a&c serum, and the skin vitalight.. I've put them up for trade in the birchbox trade forum..
I've never tried the trade forum!  I think investigate that since I have several items I will not be using due to my sensitive skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The IQDerma moisturizer actually broke me out, bad.  I really had hopes for it too.  Sigh.  I'm glad it's working for you though!  Mine may go up for trade.

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using the iQderma moisturizer exclusively for a few days and it has definitely helped clear up a nasty hormone-related breakout. Loving that one so far, but I have a feeling it won't be enough when it the summer weather starts getting dryer.

What a bummer! So far I've had good luck not having things that totally freaked out my skin (the exception being that kinerase night cream). That's the main appeal factor for me--with beautyfix i'm not out a lot of cash if things are a disaster. As it turns out, my husband used some of the kinerase on his face after too much sun and really liked it...so not a total loss! (and thankfully he asked me this time. we were in the shampoo aisle at target recently and my husband told me "i really like that new shampoo you put in the shower." yeah...that's my bumble and bumble stuff. could you not use that up?! )

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The IQDerma moisturizer actually broke me out, bad.  I really had hopes for it too.  Sigh.  I'm glad it's working for you though!  Mine may go up for trade.

Back