Dermstore's Beautyfix: 2nd quarter selections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, my brother said one time the only shampoo that doesn't make my hair greesy is the 25$ one that I had bought (can't remember the name) & I totally freaked on him using it for the price I paid for such little shampoo. He doesn't use my shampoos/bodywashes anymore lol

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a bummer! So far I've had good luck not having things that totally freaked out my skin (the exception being that kinerase night cream). That's the main appeal factor for me--with beautyfix i'm not out a lot of cash if things are a disaster. As it turns out, my husband used some of the kinerase on his face after too much sun and really liked it...so not a total loss! (and thankfully he asked me this time. we were in the shampoo aisle at target recently and my husband told me "i really like that new shampoo you put in the shower." yeah...that's my bumble and bumble stuff. could you not use that up?! )

We were in the shampoo aisle, so I just showed him the price...think that got the message across! 

Originally Posted by mszJessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, my brother said one time the only shampoo that doesn't make my hair greesy is the 25$ one that I had bought (can't remember the name) & I totally freaked on him using it for the price I paid for such little shampoo. He doesn't use my shampoos/bodywashes anymore lol

Haha, oh what we pay for these products

We were in the shampoo aisle, so I just showed him the price...think that got the message across! 

I kind of feel that if you guys are both paying for something (say hubby + wife) why not allow both people to use the product that's better for both of you?  I don't know that it can be fair to say "my hair is worth $25 but your hair isn't" especially if both people can feel a difference from using it.

...although it might be a different story if the brother is buying a $4 shampoo and then stealing your $25 one LOL

The only time I freaked out about something like that is when I bought a brand new bottle of exfoliating body wash (trying to combat back breakouts) and the bf's younger brother stayed with us over a weekend.  During that time span he took two, maybe three, showers...and HALF of my bottle was gone by the time he left.  This is a bottle that normally lasts me 3+ months! (also to note, my bf uses a "manly man man scent! grr" type body wash, of which there were 2 bottles sitting in the shower at the time) >_<  *sigh* it wasn't super duper expensive enough to really worth confronting him with, but it was still aggravating all the same.  Because the kid is still in high school, we end up basically paying for all of his purchases/living expenses while he's with us too, so in the end, it's still my loss either way.

lol my brother doesn't buy anything my mom will buy him the 4$ stuff though and i buy all my products.. she recently brought hi a more manly shampoo lol

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of feel that if you guys are both paying for something (say hubby + wife) why not allow both people to use the product that's better for both of you?  I don't know that it can be fair to say "my hair is worth $25 but your hair isn't" especially if both people can feel a difference from using it.

...although it might be a different story if the brother is buying a $4 shampoo and then stealing your $25 one LOL

The only time I freaked out about something like that is when I bought a brand new bottle of exfoliating body wash (trying to combat back breakouts) and the bf's younger brother stayed with us over a weekend.  During that time span he took two, maybe three, showers...and HALF of my bottle was gone by the time he left.  This is a bottle that normally lasts me 3+ months! (also to note, my bf uses a "manly man man scent! grr" type body wash, of which there were 2 bottles sitting in the shower at the time) >_<  *sigh* it wasn't super duper expensive enough to really worth confronting him with, but it was still aggravating all the same.  Because the kid is still in high school, we end up basically paying for all of his purchases/living expenses while he's with us too, so in the end, it's still my loss either way.
My youngest daughter does that and I FLIP out each time she does. I bought a brand new bottle of TIGI shampoo and conditioner - granted I paid distributor price not retail but it's still pretty expensive - and she "borrowed" and after ONE use it was half way gone! I was livid. It goes with any of my products... she tends to waste it. I had a bottle of Korres body wash - the stuff is like $20 - and she wasted that. She's destroyed mascaras and shadows (which she's not to use in the first place), lip glosses and so much other stuff. It's come to the point I have to lock my bathroom and bedroom door to keep her out PLUS buy her lots of cheap stuff to keep her out of my stuff.

My husbands hair is really short and not all there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I think it's ok for him to not use my expensive shampoo. Plus he often uses it as a body wash too for who knows why. He has his manly wash and shampoo and I do hold my tongue if he wants to use my Philosophy body wash, gotta pick your battles. lol I also don't mind if he uses any of my exfolitaor products although I do ask him to be careful not to use to much. It totally cracks me up that my manly mechanic husband exfoliates! Love it!

He definitely dumps a ton of shampoo directly onto his head, which explained how I was getting through it so quickly despite trying not to!  If he decided that he actually wanted to use that, it wouldn't be a problem and i did tell him that at the time. But, knowing him and knowing it makes absolutely no difference to him what he uses, I'd rather he use his stuff instead (and of course, he's free to buy whatever he wants). He still had half a bottle of his shampoo and conditioner in there, but he can't read labels once he's got his glasses off and just reaches for whatever looks new!

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

he can't read labels once he's got his glasses off and just reaches for whatever looks new!
rofl, I know exactly how that is.  Before I got my vision surgery, I think my vision was about 20/600 and 20/800 without glasses.  Of course, I'm not going to take a shower with glasses or contacts on, so I was completely blind once I was there. I remembered one of my major shocks after surgery was I realized that I could SEE everything.  I noticed that the tiles on my shower wall were all square except for one middle row which was rectangular. I had NO idea we had the rectangular strip in the middle before that because I had never seen it before, ever.

(I was also the one who would memorize the different shape of the bottles or colors of the caps to tell the difference between shampoo and conditioner.)

My boyfriend is bald, so I don't really have to worry about him using my shampoo or conditioner (I get it cheap because I have a cosmetology license anyways). There has been times where he used a little of my Rusk shampoo on his head but that's fine. Shampoo and conditioner last me awhile because I hardly ever wash my hair lmao What REALLY gets me mad, is the amount of face stuff he uses. He has occasional breakouts and uneven skin, he uses so much face wash (Shea terra black soap) and when I got my Beautyfix box, I put the 3lab wash in the shower and the skin vitalight in the closet, and he uses sooo much of it. I tell him Everytime...."are you gonna buy a $50 wash when this runs out?" His answer is no. And with my Josie Maran Argan oil he put a dent in the bottle--I was using 3 drops on my face or hair....there's no way I used that much product. I've considered hiding stuff from him. Guys use SO much product. He goes through a bar of soap in maybe a week?

Hahah, times like these, I'm almost glad my old man and I don't live together!

That said, I gotta give him props, as he may witch that he doesn't understand why I need so many shades of nail polish, but will in practically the same breath say, "Well, when you're out here, we can go back to that makeup store you liked" (referring to CCO, which is a couple hours drive from where he lives). It's funny, he's kinda picky about what he uses, though not in the way I am. As long as I keep "his" stuff around, he rarely scavenges into mine! (For the record, he likes shampoo/conditioner that's all in one, but doesn't care what brand, a particular Axe pomade that has purple writing on it, and BARS (not wash) of Irish Spring). As long as I keep those things around, he will ASK before using one of my masks or etc. Works just fine for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, he doesn't complain about when I have to go for a waxing appointment--he doesn't like the cost, but after an unfortunate David Bowie-ing of myself a few years ago, he forbids me to pluck my own brows :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Mani/pedis, he doesn't witch about, either, though he IS happy that I don't go for those often. One of the benefits of him being raised by a single mom who goes once a week to get her hair and nails did, I guess. He knows what it COULD cost, so is happy when I'm willing to be lower-maintenance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Even though he KNOWS I make up for it in other areas)

We like using masks together once in a while, thought I don't think I'll share my beautyfix Chella one ; ) I always think the mud ones are more fun to do with someone else.

We like using masks together once in a while, thought I don't think I'll share my beautyfix Chella one ; ) I always think the mud ones are more fun to do with someone else.

Yeah, he'll do a mask if I'm doing one, or wear a lotion if I hand it to him, but I literally have to pin him down to clear that fuzzy patch at the top of his nose LOL

Hubby thinks my beauty collection is ridiculous, but accepts it as long as we can still pay the bills. He hardly ever uses my products, though. He did end up confiscating my Calvin Klein unisex perfume. He tends to use whatever body lotion is closest to him and bathes in it, so sometimes he smells like peaches...My brother who rents from us was looking at my trades with me today to humor me, and he ended up asking if I have any good eye creams. He doesn't want under his eyes to look puffy and aged. I gave him a tube; I hope he likes it. It cracked me up. Do I have skincare? (Laughter from all fellow beauty sample box addicts)

My hubby didnt have any problems with his face until I started getting all the goodies from the sampling services. Now he suffers from redness(he took my M.A.D. sample for that), dry skin, and fine lines. It seems whatever comes in the box, he suffers from it worse than I do and he needs it! guys are such girls sometimes! LOL

Latest posts

Back