Desperate Housewives..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura, you should give it a shot. it's much more campy than SATC b/c there's a bit of a mystery/twist/plot behind it. every week, a little more is revealed &/or more twists & curves are thrown into it to catch you off-guard. i have the last 2 episodes to watch, but plan on doing it Thursday night.

personally, i LOVE it, but it took me until the 3rd episode to become addicted.
wink.gif

There is soo much buzz about this show. These women have become overnight successes!! I watched one episode, and it didnt really grab me. Maybe I wasnt paying enough attention. One thing I did remember was that there was enough steamy sex going on.

One reason for their success (in my opinion) is that they have touched on a subject that has been taboo for years- which is desperate surburban housewives who are sex crazed!! LOL This showed has opened the doors for many women to come out and show their true identity.

If I were you, I would watch, you just may like it.

Ok, i'll check out the first few episodes and see what i think.. Don't know if it will be scene though! Thanks for your opinions girls
biggrin.gif

I am addicted to this show!!!

If you really get into it; not all of the women are sex crazed. It actually touches on many different situations that women deal with.

Here's a run-down of the characters w/o giving too much of the show away:

Bree Van De Kamp (played by Marcia Cross; the red-headed one): The ultimate Martha Stewart. She used to be normal, but somewhere along the way she started "keeping up with the Jones'." She's a perfectionist that always has to keep up appearances, no matter what is really going on in her life. She's afraid to let other people know that there are problems within her family. The more you watch the show, the more you will like this character. She's really good in episode #10.

Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher): A divorced single mom. Her daughter is about 16, and they are very close. All Susan wants is to find love. Her ex left her for some young thing, and it really hurt her.

Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman): She used to be a successful business-woman. She left her high paying job to stay at home with her four boys. Her boys are hellions, and Lynette is on the verge of a nrevous breakdown. She pretty much raises the boys on her own, as her husband has to travel quite frequently for his job.

Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria): She's an ex-model that married a rich man. He seems to think that if he buys her expensive gifts all the time, that she should be happy. What she really wants is some attention. So, she starts looking for attention elsewhere......

There are also a lot of miscellaneous characters that add to it. The series is so well written! With so many twists & turns, you'll always be guessing!

Had to bump this. Not sure if Laura saw my reply or not.

Have you been watching it, Laura?

LOL! No i haven't catched an episode yet. Episode 3 was on this week but i was busy again so i missed it.. Will try to catch the next one. Both my sisters love it though!

Well since it seems to be popular and ive seen a lot of clips (rather sexy clips!) i will watch it so we can discuss it.There are 3 espisodes on (E4)144 Laura,sometime this week.It could have even been tonight.

Well, i have just watched an episode tonight,and a programme about the making of it and the story's behind the series, and i must say i enjoyed every moment! I thought it was highly entertaing and bf watched it with and he thought it was pretty good too. I think i will be watching this every week!

I think I maybe saw a whole 10 min. of the show so far - I'm never around when it's on.... heck, I don't even remember when its on anymore!
icon_redface.gif

It's quite addictive. Totally over-the-top campiness, which you can't help but laugh at.
tongue.gif

I've got about 3.5 hours more until it airs here. This week's episode looks interesting.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline Well since it seems to be popular and ive seen a lot of clips (rather sexy clips!) i will watch it so we can discuss it.There are 3 espisodes on (E4)144 Laura,sometime this week.It could have even been tonight. Dam! I saw that being advertised but forgot to tune in Pauline! Oh well, i'll catch it this week sometime (hopefully!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've got about 3.5 hours more until it airs here. This week's episode looks interesting.
wink.gif
Ahhh! I fell asleep in the middle of it!!!
mad.gif
And it was looking good too!!! Anyone want to spoil the end for me a bit??? I remember seeing up to where the Hubby goes into the pharmacy & yells at George...
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back