"Dessert" By Jessica Simpson...anyone tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some "Dessert" by Jessica Simpson fragrance/body products for a friend...has anyone tried them? I've heard they smell delicious, just haven't gotten around to smelling them, lol. What are some of your favorite Dessert products?

Check the review center. I think a few reviews on some of their products.

Originally Posted by Marisol Check the review center. I think a few reviews on some of their products. Thanks Marisol!
icon_wink.gif

This line is really hit or miss...many of the scents smell way too sickly sweet. The lip gloss is super sticky. And, it's all so pricey, not worth what they charge IMO. I think it's safe to say most of this line is "you love it or hate it". But like Marisol suggested, check the reviews. There are some products that some people liked.

Originally Posted by glamslam This line is really hit or miss...many of the scents smell way too sickly sweet. The lip gloss is super sticky. And, it's all so pricey, not worth what they charge IMO. I think it's safe to say most of this line is "you love it or hate it". But like Marisol suggested, check the reviews. There are some products that some people liked. Ikebana - If your friend doesn't care too much about the packaging she has a lower priced line at Walgreens called Dessert Treats. Apparently it's available at a few other stores as well. It says Sephora, but I'm not sure if that's correct. The packaging is a little more POP!
As glamslam says some of the scents are way too sickly sweet. I like the gloss personally. It's no stickier than some of the lip plumpers or glosses you come across before. As far as the other stuff...kinda wierd IMO, but if your friend likes it then so be it. My next bet would be the body powder.

GL/HTH

Originally Posted by ikebana I'm thinking of getting some "Dessert" by Jessica Simpson fragrance/body products for a friend...has anyone tried them? I've heard they smell delicious, just haven't gotten around to smelling them, lol. What are some of your favorite Dessert products? Depends on what you like. They are HEAVILY fragranced. I love "smelly" lipgloss etc but it was still way too much for me. Sickly sweet and fruity. I could smell it 10 feet away. Seriously.

I've sampled some items from both of her lines & I have mixed reviews on them. I tested the fragrance at Sephora and although I liked the way it smelled, the scent didn't last long and after it dried it felt sticky on my skin.

I bought the sample selection of her lip glosses and they all taste great. They don't taste too sickeningly sweet to me. Its just that the color doesn't last and its super sheer. You have to reapply it a heck of a lot just to get any color on your lips. I ended up licking it all off anyway because it tasted pretty good.
icon_lol.gif

I haven't tried the powders or lotions so far.

Hope this helped a little.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys... "sickly sweet" seems to be the verdict, lol. I'll have a sniff at some of her products when I get the time, but I'm assuming that my friend would probably be overwhelmed by the fragrance. I really appreciate your input though!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam This line is really hit or miss...many of the scents smell way too sickly sweet. The lip gloss is super sticky. And, it's all so pricey, not worth what they charge IMO. I think it's safe to say most of this line is "you love it or hate it". But like Marisol suggested, check the reviews. There are some products that some people liked. I have the Lip Gloss in Juicy and I love it but you have to apply it a lot..I dont think the lip gloss is sticky at all! Its very smooth and juicy lol

I usually stay away from the big names like Jessica Simpson for example. Its going to cost more because her name is on it.

Oh, Hi!!! First post Wahoo!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Raja I usually stay away from the big names like Jessica Simpson for example. Its going to cost more because her name is on it.
Oh, Hi!!! First post Wahoo!!
wink.gif

Welcome to MUT Raja. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Ya know since it's supposedly edible, just consider it similar to buying authentic (for lack of a better word) French pastries in the US or another country.

I personally don't consider it to be too horribly sickly sweet that I can't stand it b/c after being a mom you realize that you just have to adapt to certain things. If banana split, bubble gum, butterscotch toffee, cotton candy, lollipop etc.....are the worst scents I came across over the past 6 years I'd be heaven. As with makeup (sometimes) and food....moderation is the key. If I received it as a gift I would wear/use it. Otherwise, the only thing you MIGHT see me buy is the lip products (but I'm a Lip Venom gal personally.)

I don't like her products. The scent doesn't last long, the gloss doesn't last long, the whipped stuff is disgusting smelling. Overpriced too!

Personally, I think the body sprays are a bit too sweet for everyday use, I do have the butterscotch, and the creamsicle and I only use them for one part of my body! My Husband loves the taste..
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana I'm thinking of getting some "Dessert" by Jessica Simpson fragrance/body products for a friend...has anyone tried them? I've heard they smell delicious, just haven't gotten around to smelling them, lol. What are some of your favorite Dessert products?

Latest posts

Back