Dickinson Out, Twiggy in at 'Top Model'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hopefully this change will make the show more bearable! I didn't like her in that show.

Fri May 27,10:05 AM ET

Janice Dickinson is no longer in the running to judge who will become "America's Next Top Model." The loudmouth supermodel and author has left the UPN reality show and will be replaced by Twiggy Lawson on the upcoming fifth season.

"We would like to thank Janice for bringing her talents to the show and for everything she did to help us build `America's Next Top Model' into its current success," executive producer Ken Mok said in a statement Thursday. "We wish her well in all of her future endeavors."

Dickinson, author of "No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel" and "Everything About Me Is Fake ... and I'm Perfect," was the most outspoken member of the model hunt's judging panel, dishing harsher-than-harsh critiques to contestants and getting into spats with fellow judges since the first season.

Also gone as a judge is stylist Nole Marin. He'll be replaced by runway expert J. Alexander, a former male model who's taught catwalk technique and guest judged in previous seasons — or "cycles," the show's term for each installment.

Lawson rose to fame in the 1960s with her doe eyes and pixie hairdo, appearing on the covers of magazines such as Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, McCall's, Seventeen and Newsweek.

Dickinson will star in the next season of VH1's "The Surreal Life" with the likes of Jose Canseco and Bronson Pinchot. According to UPN, Dickinson also has a television production deal and is working on a new book.

I came across this article last nite... I was sad. Janice is a pain, but I liked her on ANTM. I thought she kept it interesting. She really was the Simon Cowell of the show. I'm gonna miss her.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Hopefully this change will make the show more bearable! I didn't like her in that show.
Fri May 27,10:05 AM ET

Janice Dickinson is no longer in the running to judge who will become "America's Next Top Model." The loudmouth supermodel and author has left the UPN reality show and will be replaced by Twiggy Lawson on the upcoming fifth season.

"We would like to thank Janice for bringing her talents to the show and for everything she did to help us build `America's Next Top Model' into its current success," executive producer Ken Mok said in a statement Thursday. "We wish her well in all of her future endeavors."

Dickinson, author of "No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel" and "Everything About Me Is Fake ... and I'm Perfect," was the most outspoken member of the model hunt's judging panel, dishing harsher-than-harsh critiques to contestants and getting into spats with fellow judges since the first season.

Also gone as a judge is stylist Nole Marin. He'll be replaced by runway expert J. Alexander, a former male model who's taught catwalk technique and guest judged in previous seasons — or "cycles," the show's term for each installment.

Lawson rose to fame in the 1960s with her doe eyes and pixie hairdo, appearing on the covers of magazines such as Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, McCall's, Seventeen and Newsweek.

Dickinson will star in the next season of VH1's "The Surreal Life" with the likes of Jose Canseco and Bronson Pinchot. According to UPN, Dickinson also has a television production deal and is working on a new book.

I guess she was but now, we get to see more of Nigel.. I hope. He is hot!

Good riddens,she was such a nasty witch and if she had any more plastic surgery,i would keep her away from anything flammible ,cause her face would melt right off!I cant stand people who put people down so harshly for there own amusement.She is a sad washed up old lady.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Good riddens,she was such a nasty witch and if she had any more plastic surgery,i would keep her away from anything flammible ,cause her face would melt right off!I cant stand people who put people down so harshly for there own amusement.She is a sad washed up old lady. Here Here!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I think she should look in the mirror before dishing out some of the things she says. She might have been prom Queen back in her day, but apparently the road since has been quite bumpy.
eek.gif

WOOT!

I love Tiggy....despite what Miss Dickison says Tiggy was the first super model. I mean come on..Tiggy had her own doll and TV show....
biggrin.gif

There's some site called go fug yourself that has some hiliarious comments about dickinson and also a distrubing picture that shows some nipple slippage..icky

I did not like Janice on ANTM. I hope that twiggy will do a better job on ANTM than her.

Latest posts

Back