diet journals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i see there's an exercising-type journal thread going on (keep it up, ladies and gent!
wink.gif
), so i thought i'd start this for just diet in general.

to sum it up, i lost 35 lbs. over a year and a half ago, gained most back, and now i'm ready to take it off - and keep it off!

i see glamslam is doing very well on her nutrisystem diet, but is there anyone else on a diet to lose weight and not maintain? maybe i've overlooked it...
icon_redface.gif

here, we can support, vent, etc. about our diets.

i'm starting tomorrow (7/1) and this time i'm determined, unlike the past year.

here's my approach...

• subscribe to fitness magazine (did that when i was on my first diet and it totally worked/helped)
  • exercise
  • try to educate myself on food, calories, etc.
  • reward myself once a month (hellllllo, big macs!) - ONLY IF I'M DOING WELL! i did that last time and having that one big mac got me over all of my unnecessary food urges
  • drink nothing but water or OJ (in the morning only)
this website also helped me out SO much...
http://diet.ivillage.com/

there are TONS of articles and help.

oh, and whoever said you can't lose weight without working out lied! all i did was walk about 2 miles a day and i was fine. however, since i work 5 days a week now, being a waitress, i'm on the go constantly, which will help, which is why i'll also be investing in a pedometer, even though i know those steps will count. i'd just like to reassure myself.

okay, that was long. sorry
icon_redface.gif

who's with me?

good luck on the weight loss jen! i too am trying to lose weight. my diet has gotten MUCH better since last year when I was snacking junk food ALL of the time. Now i only have 2 meals with like 2 or 3 snacks which are usually fruit. I need to better my diet still because i still eat not so healthy stuff.
icon_confused.gif
icon_redface.gif
i'm doing the work outs, but i could be losing the weight much faster if i had a better diet.

Originally Posted by Liz good luck on the weight loss jen! i too am trying to lose weight. my diet has gotten MUCH better since last year when I was snacking junk food ALL of the time. Now i only have 2 meals with like 2 or 3 snacks which are usually fruit. I need to better my diet still because i still eat not so healthy stuff.
icon_confused.gif
icon_redface.gif
i'm doing the work outs, but i could be losing the weight much faster if i had a better diet. i know what you mean, but you should really eat 5, small-portioned, healthy, meals a day! that's how you really lose it and adapt that lifestyle.
you're lucky you have access to a gym. i have no way of getting to one, except if i spend $200+ a month getting down to NYC to work out.

thanks and good luck to you, too!

Good luck to everyone dieting!! I suppose I could spare a few pounds, but I'm really just maintaining. Sometimes I have these compulsive eating days. I need to get a hold on myself when that happens because I'll eat nothing but chocolate and sugar all day.

ive lost over sixteen pounds on just controling my portions,eating good ,cutting out junk food,soda and drinking tons of water.I also have been going to the gym almost 6 times a week
smile.gif
Good luck on your diet/weight loss,we support you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back