Difference between synthetic or human hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just ordered some hair extensions but they are synthetic, i know you cant use hot irons or curling irons on them but besides that what is the difference from synthetic and human hair? does it feel really fake and or look really fake once its blended into my hair? if someone would let me know? thanx!

Synthetic hair will feel like plastic to the touch but human hair is soft. Synthetic hair will get knotted faster than human hair.

thanx for the info!! so i'm guessing this wasnt such a good investment? lol! does synthetic hair curl? like if i put rollers in it while wet? sorry if thats a stupid question but i know nothing about this stuf, lol!!!

synthetic hair is pretty much how you buy it... no other tricks. well, you can cut it.

real hair, you can dye, curl, blowdry, and basically with the same upkeep as your reg hair, go through all the changes you go through, until you cut it too short to keep going.

there is a purpose for synthetic hair. if you want length or volume or an easy flippy ponytail.

synthetic hair is artificial fibers made to look like real hair

real hair is human hair often given from donors

thanx for all the info guys! i just wanted it to add a little fullness to my hair so i gues it should be ok.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Synthetic hair will feel like plastic to the touch but human hair is soft. Synthetic hair will get knotted faster than human hair. Agreed! And when that happens, DO NOT brush it! Makes a bigger, frizzier mess. I used a pomade and smoothed it over it ( weird cuz its plastic, but it works! ) and then used my fingers to seperate it.

my friend uses anti-static shine spray LIGHTLY and will sweep over it with a fabric softener on a regular basis to keep her synthetic hair tame and fresh.

Latest posts

Back