Digging into my stash March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've made a rule that I'm not going to use the same nail polish at all this month!

So far I've used:

Zoya bevin

piggy polish tealit like it is

ulta pinata yada yada 

OPI shorts story 

Zoya Farah

I will update every time I change, to keep myself honest! Anyone who wants to join in, feel free to use this thread!

Cool idea! I think I need to focus on using what I have, since I have a butt-load of nail polish. This months theme: the Hunger Games! I got the full set as a gift, so I'm only going to use that collection this month.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cool idea! I think I need to focus on using what I have, since I have a butt-load of nail polish. This months theme: the Hunger Games! I got the full set as a gift, so I'm only going to use that collection this month.

Very nice! I have a few of the hunger games polishes on the way (my sister bought them for me), so they will definitely be mixing in once they get here!

You'll love them! Which ones did she get for you?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very nice! I have a few of the hunger games polishes on the way (my sister bought them for me), so they will definitely be mixing in once they get here!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'll love them! Which ones did she get for you?

All of them, lol. She is a cosmetologist so she gets them for less than $4. 

I like that rule, I need to apply it to myself. I have a bad habit of buying new colors and never using them. 

I should give that a go, I was wearing all kinds of crazy colors till I got Essie's Mademoiselle. I don't know why but I keep going back to it while all my beautiful blues, blacks, and greens sit there with hurt feelings. I've gone through half a bottle in a month.

All of them, lol. She is a cosmetologist so she gets them for less than $4. 

Internetchick posted on her blog that they're currently like $3 on the Sally website, for anyone who hasn't got a hookup . AMAZING collection, really. I don't even LIKE browns, but I liked the ones in this set.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Internetchick posted on her blog that they're currently like $3 on the Sally website, for anyone who hasn't got a hookup . AMAZING collection, really. I don't even LIKE browns, but I liked the ones in this set.
Ohh good to know! I don't think I could survive without my "hook up" lol. I'd be so broke!

Ohh good to know! I don't think I could survive without my "hook up" lol. I'd be so broke!

You know, even without a hookup, there are some great sales and discounts out there (like yesterday's OPI haul for $3 each. My nail tech friend pays $4. Sure it was clearance items, but I don't mind waiting for MOST colors, you know? If something looks likely to sell out fast, that can be different--for example, I like Warm and Fozzie, but not enough to pay secondary market prices, so if I find it clearanced, I'll get it. Save Me, OTOH, I paid full price for. Three times. (And now regret that, because I've been seeing it at Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, TJ Maxx--not sure which--for a couple bucks off.)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, even without a hookup, there are some great sales and discounts out there (like yesterday's OPI haul for $3 each. My nail tech friend pays $4. Sure it was clearance items, but I don't mind waiting for MOST colors, you know? If something looks likely to sell out fast, that can be different--for example, I like Warm and Fozzie, but not enough to pay secondary market prices, so if I find it clearanced, I'll get it. Save Me, OTOH, I paid full price for. Three times. (And now regret that, because I've been seeing it at Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, TJ Maxx--not sure which--for a couple bucks off.)

Yeah I got my nicki minaj minis set from her for like $3 I think. So for sure, if you don't mind waiting you can get similar good deals, but I'm so impatient! 

Yeah I got my nicki minaj minis set from her for like $3 I think. So for sure, if you don't mind waiting you can get similar good deals, but I'm so impatient! 

Oh, I get it, completely. It's VERY difficult for me to pass up stuff when I see it and want it, but I always remind myself that if it's something that isn't likely to sell out, I can get MORE if it's on sale. It's the only way I manage, really, since I'm not in the industry and can't exploit other folks' hookups. (And believe me, it KILLS me that the two people in my social circle who USED to have Chanel hookups lost those shortly before I got to know them....)

Welp I got my hunger games polishes today and I'm in love. I'm wearing stone cold right now. They are all fabulous though I couldn't decide which to use first.

I just put on Foie Gras with the essie as gold as it gets that I got in my BB, and I am in looooooveeeeeee!

Latest posts

Back