Dior Garden Clutch Makeup Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Limited Edition Makeup Palette by Dior at Sephora. I'm liking the clutch idea. What are your thoughts ladies?

I think it is pretty, but dang $75 is expensive.

Did they forget to photoshop the middle pan, or is it really that tiny? On the site it says it has a "shimmering pale green" eye shadow, which you can barely see a corner of on middle pan in the picture.

- 3 x Eyeshadow in deep brown shimmer, light pink shimmer, and shimmering pale green

It is pretty, but I would have to see the shades in person to decide if this is worth it. I have only had 1 Dior palette I didn't like.

I've always seen the Dior palettes at Dillards & I just can't justify the price. The palettes are so small for so much.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always seen the Dior palettes at Dillards & I just can't justify the price. The palettes are so small for so much.

They are definitely a splurge, but I love my quints. I blame Lola for getting me into them lol.

I think the picture was photoshopped wrong because when you zoom in you can see it looks really off. Ok, figures Temptalia has a picture of it.

Granville Garden #002 (everywhere except Nordstrom)

Source

Looks like there's a second palette.

Milly Garden #001 (Nordstrom and Dior.com Exclusive)

Image on left from Temptalia, image on right from Nordstrom.

They are definitely pricey. I'd like to see this one in person as well to see if it really is worth the price. I like the clutch design though and would love to have that in my handbag.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pretty sure the middle shows a flipped mirror or something!

It's not a mirror. It's a little lid to keep the shadow out of the gloss.

Quote: Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are definitely a splurge, but I love my quints. I blame Lola for getting me into them lol.
Definitely a splurge lol! We're all enablers haha.

If the clutch was reusable then I'd consider it but most likely I wouldn't buy it. Not at $75!

I like high end stuff as much as the next girl but that has way too much pink for my liking and at that price, I can support my local MAC girls and get a few things Ive been dying to get.

I saw this in person, and while pretty I just don't see it suiting most people. The colors are light. Much lighter than the stock photo (especially the lip colors). I see it only suiting fair skinned people. I did end up picking up the new Garden Edition Quint in Garden Pastels.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If the clutch was reusable then I'd consider it but most likely I wouldn't buy it. Not at $75!

I agree here.  Tha packaging is super cute

As much as I love Dior, I'm super pissed about how fair-centric this collection is. If I walked around with these shadows on my eyes, I would look like an ashy crack baby.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I love Dior, I'm super pissed about how fair-centric this collection is. If I walked around with these shadows on my eyes, I would look like an ashy crack baby.
HA! Yep. These are far too light.

Lmao!

I definitely agree that these palettes were designed for people with fair-skin.

Thankfully I do have fair-skin, so I just might consider buying one of these. I'm totally sold just by the packaging and the rose-shaped eyeshadows cuz it's just so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Don't know yet though...like everyone else, will have to see it in person to really buy it for $75. I might just buy the Naked Palette2 instead. At least that comes with more eyeshadows and a lip gloss.

Latest posts

Back