Disappointed with Stila Lip Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my StrawberryNet.com order today. I ordered two Stila Lip Glazes, Strawberry and Mango and a Color Push Up in Rose Flash. I had read in reviews how yummy the Lip Glazes taste and smell according to the name. I was expecting my Strawberry one to taste and smell well... like strawberries, but when I opened it and put it on I was very disappointed to find out it tastes and smells like lipstick... and rancid lipstick dare I say. The mango one tastes and smells a bit better, but nowhere near mango and not exactly yummy.

Did I receive bad products or is this the way they're supposed to be? Anybody has tried these? Any help would be appreciated, I don't know what to do.

Btw, the Color Push Up was really nice and the convertible lip color I received as a new customer gift was very nice too.

That is so weird. The ones that I have used don't necessarily taste just like the flavor but they aren't rancid tasting.

I'm not sure now I read they tasted like the name so maybe I made that up but I definitely read they were "yummy" and these are not yummy at all...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure now I read they tasted like the name so maybe I made that up but I definitely read they were "yummy" and these are not yummy at all...
frown.gif
I would contact Strawberry.net and see what the heck happened.

i have strawberry and mine smells so good and tastes yummy. mango is a discontinued shade, i think? that one's probably old.

I'm writing them an e-mail right now. I'm sure people can have different opinions regarding taste and smell, but I'm sure nobody would consider mine yummy smelling, so they must be bad... I hope they can do something about it.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm writing them an e-mail right now. I'm sure people can have different opinions regarding taste and smell, but I'm sure nobody would consider mine yummy smelling, so they must be bad... I hope they can do something about it. me, too! keep us posted.

Strawberry.net is a discount site, isn't it? They may get older products to begin with from the companies to sell at a cheaper price. I've always bought my Lip Glazes from Stila's website or Sephora and a couple times from a CCO and I've never had a problem. Good luck!

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Strawberry.net is a discount site, isn't it? They may get older products to begin with from the companies to sell at a cheaper price. I've always bought my Lip Glazes from Stila's website or Sephora and a couple times from a CCO and I've never had a problem. Good luck! yeah thats why i dont buy from that site I trust Stila or Sephora more.

I wish I could order straight from them but they don't ship to PR. Strawberrynet is the only way I can get my hands of these brands... I'll be taking a trip to Maryland soon maybe I should have waited to buy them there, but oh well, I didn't know.

They responded, but so far they only asked me for my order number which I forgot to add in the first place dumb me...

Update:

They sent me an e-mail asking me if I would like them to reship or refund...

I don't know what to choose. I really don't like using them as they are but I'm scared to tell them to reship and get two more in the same condition. Should I choose the refund?

yeah I'd ask for a refund too...better to do that than get all excited waiting for them to come in the mail again and possibly having the same problem.

I'd choose a refund, as well. There are certain products that don't change or "go bad" (most pencils, powdered blushes, and powdered eyeshadows last for a very long time) so I would order those online. Other products that are more sensitive (like foundation, lipstick, and mascara) are best bought in person. Good luck with everything.

I just bought some lipglazes too... and I'm afraid to try them. I wonder was yours bad (i'm guessing) or do these just taste/smell bad in general... like Manders said. If anyone else uses/tried lip glazes, what do you think of them?

I'd ask for a refund if I were you. Now that I think of it, I had a sample of the brown sugar lipglaze, and didn't like it too much.

I asked for the refund.... they haven't responded yet. I wonder if I have to send them back.

I'm very surprised though... if this is the way they normally are, how can I find it totally yucky and other people find it yummy, even my mom said it tasted rancid... though I read on some reviews they tend to go bad very quickly. I'm curious now to know if this is how they are.

I don't really find the use of sending them back as they can do nothing with them but verifying they are, indeed, bad. I'll wait for the e-mail and see what they say. I hope they don't ignore me now that I want my money back lol.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought some lipglazes too... and I'm afraid to try them. I wonder was yours bad (i'm guessing) or do these just taste/smell bad in general... like Manders said. If anyone else uses/tried lip glazes, what do you think of them?
I'd ask for a refund if I were you. Now that I think of it, I had a sample of the brown sugar lipglaze, and didn't like it too much.

Please update, I'm curious to see how are yours. Hope they're good.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's why I stopped using them. They taste and smell disgusting! Which ones did you have? Did they smell that way since the beginning?
Mine smell like well, lipstick but really strong. Not fruity, juicy, sweet whatever... and tasted pretty rancid. I can't believe that's the way they are. They really taste and smell bad and old.

Latest posts

Back