Do any of you watch FaceOff?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here watches the SyFy tv show FaceOff.

Face Off is a competition/elimination series exploring the world of special-effects make-up artists and the unlimited imagination which allows them to create amazing works of living art. Not only will the show incorporate effects make-up, it will include a wide range of skill sets including prosthetics, 3-D design, animatronics, sculpting, eye enhancers, puppeteering, casting and molding. Each episode involves reveals of the competitors' finished work, and it all culminates in one winner and one grand prize that will launch a career.

I do, one of my best friend's has a good friend on the show (Matt) so we are cheering on for him. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've watched both seasons so far and have really enjoyed it despite it being a reality show.

I've watched a few episodes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I absolutely loved the "dangerous and beautiful" designs. Rj ( I think that's his name) did a wonderful job on designing that one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Emaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've watched a few episodes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I absolutely loved the "dangerous and beautiful" designs. Rj ( I think that's his name) did a wonderful job on designing that one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree!! He is my second fave after Matt.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree RJ did an awesome job on that one.

Originally Posted by Emaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've also seen both seasons. That's pretty cool your best friend's good friend is on the show.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do, one of my best friend's has a good friend on the show (Matt) so we are cheering on for him. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've watched both seasons so far and have really enjoyed it despite it being a reality show.

Anyone watching Face Off tonight? It's a Tim Burton theme. I'm liking what RJ and Matt came up with. What do you guys think if you are watching?

AHHH!! Thank you for reminding me!! I watched all last season religiously and then I completely forgot about this season after the first episode! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /:mad: Totally catching the re-run at 12am.

I am glad you said it was about Tim Burton though. I absolutely LOVE him. Has anyone in LA been to his exhibit at the LACMA?

He's a cutie!! Where do you guys live again? lol

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He's a cutie!! Where do you guys live again? lol

LOL we live in Austin, TX.

I am so glad Beki went home, she was way too arrogant. Sue needs to get her act together though. RJ's was my fave of all of them but I can see why Rayce won.

Hey, Texas isn't too far from GA ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

I really liked Rayce's work, I just didn't feel like it was Tim Burton-esque. It felt more 'Beauty & The Beast' to me. I am very glad Beki went home, all that time on a cupcake? Really? Come on, now... To me personally, I feel like Matt's and whoever made the plumber guy were the two biggest Tim Burton-esque creatures created. That's just me though. The chest of drawers guy was very creative as well It just reminded me of Beauty & the Beast as well :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got around to watching this week's Face Off!

I loved everyone's work but I can't believe Matt didn't make the finale!!

I love Sue's little dinogirl though, that was wicked cute!

I love FaceOff! I actually had no clue about the show, but people started coming up to me and requesting I watched it because they thought "it was a perfect show for me" THEY WERE RIGHT! I have to admit, I would prefer the show if it wasn't a competition and instead was more like Ace of Cakes where a bunch of skilled people worked together, instead of all the drama.

I love Ian and Rayce the most.The Tim Burton episode was epic, I had a hard time picking a favorite. The ice cream man did have a Beetlejuice feeling, as the judges said, but the bellhop was sooo funny! However, I thought the cello was beautiful and so original. Even her eyes had the perfect expression in them.

I wish I could work with prosthetics  more, however in my small town there isn't anything like that available. We don't even have a makeup store, or someone who specializes in doing makeup for events.

I finally got around to watching this week's Face Off!
I loved everyone's work but I can't believe Matt didn't make the finale!!   I love Sue's little dinogirl though, that was wicked cute!
What?! He didn't?! I completely forgot to watch - again! Ugh, I need to start setting my calendar reminders for stuff like this! Hey, now you can send him my way!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What?! He didn't?! I completely forgot to watch - again! Ugh, I need to start setting my calendar reminders for stuff like this! Hey, now you can send him my way!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Uh huh, I'll get RIGHT on that. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Season Finale tonight!!

I just caught up with the last episode. I was surprised that Matt left. I didn't think it was that bad. I have no idea who is going to win this one.

Latest posts

Back