Do eyelash curlers destroy your eyelashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I keep on wondering if curling your lashes daily does more harm than help to it. Since I'm asian, I HAVE to curl my lashes before going out, even if I decide not to wear mascara, just because my eyelashes are pretty long, but verrrry straight.

Do eyelash curlers kill your lashes and make them weaker though? Because my family says I'm very lucky to have longer eyelashes and there is NO way in hell i want to lose them! :/

I know when you curl them AFTER mascara is bad because of pulling. But the actual curling, I wouldn't think so unless you tug or you notice lashes coming off after every usage. As for breakage or ruining the hair itself - no clue. I can imagine heating your curler might create some hair damage but dunno.

I use a lash curler every day, and have been doing so for quite awhile and I haven't noticed any difference to my lashes now to before when I didn't use one. I use a standard lash curler, I do know that heated lash curlers can cause damage after awhile, so if you are worried about damage, I would suggest sticking to a conventional curler.

I agree with the ladies.

Perhaps you might want to use lash treatment before you curl your lashes, and use it every night before bed for the safe side.

what is the lash treatment that you are using right now?
flowers.gif

I've vurled my eyelashed as far as I can remember - they are as good as the day I was born
smile.gif

Sorry, meant curled - not vurled

I agree with what everyone else has said. I use a eyelash curler everyday and my eyelashes haven't been damaged. As long as you don't tug on your lashes too hard they should be fine
smile.gif

I used them once and nearly ripped my eyelid off! I didn't try that again!

My sister won't be without hers so I may give them another go!

Curling your lashes won't damage them but it is important to use a lash conditioner. It helps to hydrate and protect your lashes and it gives your mascara a little extra oomph as well. You wouldn't NOT condition your hair...same principle with the lashes.

I agree that eye lash curlers don't destroy your lashes if used properly....

Originally Posted by cjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't even know you could get lash conditioner! Most lash primers are the same as lash conditioner.

Originally Posted by breezyboo:) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lash conditioner? Can you buy this at a walgreen's or something? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Enlighten me, please! My favorite is the Lancome Cils Booster XL but I also like the CHANEL Cils Primer.

hmm...never heard of a lash treatment! something for me to look into! thanks, Leony!

Latest posts

Back