Do eyelash curlers destroy your eyelashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned something new on my first visit here - I'm really liking this place already!

Me 2 cjl
smile.gif

I used to use one by avon when i was younger but i got lazy. I remember my sister used to curl her lashes after she applied layers of mascara and one day she literally ripped half her lashes on one eye, I know its mean but it was funny as heck lol

Well I have my boo Clinique's Lash Primer! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I knew it was better to put it on your eyelashes than mascara alone, but actually conditioning it? Pretty hot!
smile.gif

Technically, heating your eyelashes isn't good for them but I don't see why a regular one would hurt. I personally don't use either because I think they're pointless. =)

Treat those lashes with care--curlers are hard of them but I use lLNCOME CLS bOOSTER AS A PRIMER AND IT CONDITIONS PLUS MAKES MY LASHES look thicker

I doubt it kills your lashes

or at least i hope not, seeing as i curl mine haha

Hello, eyelashes are like hair you need to look after them, my eyelashes have fallen out befor buy using the curlers however i never used to take off my makeup so that was the reson, make sure you take your makeup off every single night and rub, patroliom jelly on your lashes, my eyelashes ever since havent fell out but now i use a trick,

1. Put your mascara on and wait for it to dry

2. Curl your lashes untill happy with it, i curl mine about 3 times but pump the curler dont hold in place or it can cause your eyelashes to stick to the curler and falll out, allso curl them in the middle of your lashes not on the routs or this can cause breaking and can make the lashes fall out, this does work cause ive lost all mine befor cos of curling and now i havent lost a single one from this trick, i do this everyday.Hope this helps you + ive been doing this for 30 years.
tongue.gif

Everyone has a different personal opinion, but the best solution is that dont use it too often because YES, IT DOES WEAKEN your eyelashes...this is cuz ur eyelashes grow straight (as u mentioned urs r very straight) ...and yes ur parents are right, its very difficult to get pretty lashes naturally. if u curl them, u basically turn their way of growing and so they become weak ... i can say this cuz even i hav long lashes... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope this helped! xoxo
oh and most important... never curl lashes after mascara :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
cuz ur lashes become lil hard, its easier for them to break ...

No, using a eyelash curler not destroy your lashes.

Your lashes like all your other body hair and is created from the inside of your body. If you lashes are weak or fragile it's most likely due to a HEALTH reason rather than from using a lash curler. Your lashes like the rest of your body hair may or may not have a curl depending on your genes.

You can curl your lashes after applying mascara because the mascara has not dried yet, this is why is you sneeze or blink you can smudge your mascara. Obviously don't curl your lashes after the mascara has dried. Best to use a heated eyelash curler if the mascara has dried because it'll warm it up enough to curl the lash.

I think if you use it normally then it will definitely pull some lashes out, but then again, lashes fall out naturally too. But as long as your using your lash curlers safely and don't pull you should be fine. So if possible dont use eyelash curler and here are Ways to Curl Your Eyelashes without a Lash Curler which can be useful!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a proper method to do those stuffs. If you do it correctly then there will be  No side effects. similar to Eyebrows Dubai 

Just don't curl them in a moving car, or after mascara and you should be fine. I've never personally heard of someone having problems with properly using an eyelash curler ruining them. I naturally have long, moderately full lashes, and I haven't noticed any thinning and I curl mine everyday. 

so long as the eyelash curler isn't tugging them, suppose its o.k. If its a heated eyelash curler i'd be careful though because if hair straighteners damage your hair because of the heat, i'd imagine an eyelash curler would damage your eyelashes as well.

A thyroid disorder and age destroyed my eyelashes. Dermalmd eyelash serum brought them back, almost to where they were when I was in my twenties. I'm going to share this success with my dermatologist for others who may have the same issue.

I used to think curling your eyelashes was a waste of time and then I started using waterproof mascara (featuring Innisfree Waterpoof Microcara & Shiseido Lash Curlers)

It doesn't seem to destroy eyelashes as if used in a good manner. Excess of everything is bad and if you use the curler regularly it will start to damage your eyelashes.

I always feel like I’m about to rip out all my lashes and I wear so much eye makeup that there’s no way to even see a difference after I curl them.

Latest posts

Back