Do I tell my husband?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband and I switched cars today and he just called me to tell me someone hit my car in the parking lot at work. He said my front right bumper was scraped and dented. No one left a note or anything, but if it is what I think it is, I did it a few days ago and just never told him. I know when I get home tonight he will want me to see it. Should I tell him I did it or just let him think some "jerk" did it. It really does not bother me which is why I never said anything. To be honest, I really just forgot about it.

Just let him think some jerk did it. It's your problem anyway seeing as it's your car. So if you're ok with it being there and you don't feel that a fuss needs to be made, leave it and don't mention it.

Originally Posted by xkarinax /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just let him think some jerk did it. It's your problem anyway seeing as it's your car. So if you're ok with it being there and you don't feel that a fuss needs to be made, leave it and don't mention it. I agree.

Personally I can understand why you might want to just let him think someone else did it but...........You probably should go ahead and tell him.

Well i would probably tell him because I would feel guilty but if you dont care then dont say anything. Like someone else said its your car.

Hahaha....I did this once. I crunched into a pole. I was too afraid to admit my stupidity to my then BF so I lied and said it was a Hit and Run. It was believable because my car was parked in a mall lot.

If you guys have a strong relationship....tell him the truth. I don't believe in lies...even if they are tiny. I should have told the Ex, but he wasn't worth knowing the truth anyway. Plus it was a BIG sign that I was afraid of him.

just tell him, if he finds out later, he may feel you lied and that'll open a whole other can of worms. it'll be better to deal with it now like an adult

Well tell him just that! Tell your husband that you forgot all about that day that you scraped up the car. No big deal.
smile.gif

If this were me in your situation I know Wes would just kill himself laughing at me and just call me a dummy or something (playfully of course
tongue.gif
).

I'd have a big problem if he got upset with me, that's for sure! Neither of us believe there should be any "bosses" in a marriage or relationship, so it really wouldn't be an issue for us at all!

I don't advocate lying at all, but maybe ask yourself why you feel the need to even consider it?

Honesty is very important in any relationship. So please be honest with your husband.

i would tell him but thats me and i know my husband and i know it would be worse if i lied to him because he doesn't like when people lie to him but thats my opinion

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif If this were me in your situation I know Wes would just kill himself laughing at me and just call me a dummy or something (playfully of course
tongue.gif
).
I'd have a big problem if he got upset with me, that's for sure! Neither of us believe there should be any "bosses" in a marriage or relationship, so it really wouldn't be an issue for us at all!

I don't advocate lying at all, but maybe ask yourself why you feel the need to even consider it?

I agree. If this happened to me, my husband would find it hilarious.

As much as I would love to get a chance to get away like that if I was in your shoes (with the bf being a total car freak and knowing I would get "scolded" for fudgin my car...) I always still tell.

I mean I know he'd be pissed, I know I'd get scolded, but after all of that, in the end, I know he does it because he cares, and I know I told him because I care.

I would tell him, you just admitted it to the whole world, you never know who is reading this and will put 2 and 2 together.

Apart from that its just best to be honest in a relationship.

Latest posts

Back