Do it yourself facial and sav$$

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone i just wanted to add this for those of us who like being pampered but dont care for the price.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1)Wash your face with a mild soap or cleanser and exfoliate with a gentle grain scrub.

2)Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

To make your facial a lil more relaxing,add lavender,rosemary,chamomile,or eucalyptus and cover.

3)Turn off the heat and let stand for 5-10 mins.Using a towel to cover your head,Hold your face over the pot about 10 inches from the pot so you dont burn your skin, Stay for 5 to 10 min.The smaller your pores are the less time you need in the steam. **For the pickers,lol**The steam will soften your pores and make it easier to extract dirt and oil.

4)Wipe face with a clean warm washcloth.

5)If skin is oily,apply a clay or mud mask and follow directions.Typical drying time is 5-10 mins.

For dry skin apply a moisturizing mask.

For combination skin,such as oily t zone and dry face,apply moisturizing mask to dry areas and the clay or mud mask to oily areas.

6)rince with cold water to reduce your pores.

7)moisturize with a light facial lotion

8)Enjoy a martini or a nice glass of wine(opitonal,lol)

Hope this helps,and enjoy everyone!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks, I'll give it a shot:icon_love & a glass of wine.....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey everyone i just wanted to add this for those of us who like being pampered but dont care for the price.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1)Wash your face with a mild soap or cleanser and exfoliate with a gentle grain scrub.

To make your facial a lil more relaxing,add lavender,rosemary,chamomile,or eucalyptus and cover.

3)Turn off the heat and let stand for 5-10 mins.Using a towel to cover your head,Hold your face over the pot about 10 inches from the pot so you dont burn your skin, Stay for 5 to 10 min.The smaller your pores are the less time you need in the steam. **For the pickers,lol**The steam will soften your pores and make it easier to extract dirt and oil.

5)If skin is oily,apply a clay or mud mask and follow directions.Typical drying time is 5-10 mins.

For combination skin,such as oily t zone and dry face,apply moisturizing mask to dry areas and the clay or mud mask to oily areas.

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 That is really great information, Gwendolyn! (do you prefer Gwen or Gwendolyn?) I think I'm gonna try that tonight. Umm when i first meet people i introduce myself as Gwendolyn,but then they start calling me Gwen.I dont mind it,it will prob save your fingers,lol

i wanted to post something thural,cause yesturday i was so brief about the sugaring method of waxing(sorry), hope you enjoy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Great post Gwen! Thanks ,just trying to be helpful
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds soo good
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey everyone i just wanted to add this for those of us who like being pampered but dont care for the price.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by curlysister Thanks - I will try this!! Great when you dont want to pay the sick amount some people have the nerve to charge,(especially when their using queen of jolene)

Originally Posted by Marisol Great post Gwen! HAHA! Napoleon Dynamite! What a nerd! I love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

So what masques do you guys use? I don't do them often and when I do, I just use whatever samples I have so I don't know much about them!

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I printed it out. I'm learning DIY beauty treatments, and this soounds just fabulous!!

No problem! I actually plan on doing the asprin mask myself tonight!
icon_smile.gif

Oh, and I really like your avatar pic Suzukigrrl! Nice to meet you!

I've been feeling super unattractive for the past few days...my cheeks are swollen from my wisdom teeth being removed, I'm super bloated from the meds I'm taking, and haven't really left the house for the past few days so I decided I had to have a little at home spa day today!

I did a facial like suggested here, hair masque and then a really great blow out (which will be ruined by the humidity tomorrow I'm sure!), manicure and pedicure, eyebrows...now I feel really good! The only thing that would have been better is if someone else had done it for me!

Latest posts

Back