Do Lip Plumpers Actually Work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried Plump Lips by Freeze 24/7 & all it did was sting horribly and make my lips red, but I have big lips to begin with, so that could be why it didn't work. When I tried it a second time, it didn't sting as bad, but still not a big difference. I've also tried Sally hansen Lip Inflation and I notice a little difference, but it's great as a gloss anyways because it's so shiny, so I'd def. recommend.

Did anyone try this? I just bought and tried ones, apart my lips burning didn't feel anything else and even couldn't notice temporary result of bigger lips, it didn't work for me at all
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by lexi452 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really dont see the point to lip plumpers...maybe cause my lips are huge. I just dont think your lips should have to sting just to get the "full" look. Also some women over do it...and they look like they have a baboons butt on there face :/ but i guess whatever floats there boat :] LMAO@ at the Baboon's Butt comment! That was soo funny. And by the way, GMTA!

I adore Sally Hansen's Lip Inflation as well. It provides the perfect amount of fullness without that awful pain.

I also use Patricia Wexler's lip plumpers. It has more of a stinging sensation than Sally's but I definitely saw some great results with it.

I've tried Avon's plumping lipstick and I can definitely tell my lips look bigger. People tell me I have Angelina Jolie lips when I wear it.

Some work and some don't! Also some people respond differently to different brands. Plus it won't happen overnight. I know ours takes about 29 days to see the full effect. But everyone respond differently. We have had some women that say they notice fuller lips in about a week. The only way to get "overnight" results is with the surgery!

I tried too faced lip injection and it made my lips swell up so big. I didn't really want to make my lips any bigger, so I gave it to my sister and she likes it. One thing I didn't like about it is the fact that it make my lips burn pretty bad before the plumping effect started.

yes they work! I used to use one all the time, my lips are really full already so I don't know what I was thinking. I don't remember the name of the one I used but I think it was from Mary Kay

lip injection, it works but it hurts..hurts bad!

so now im using lip fusion, it plumps my lips without the pain. i leave it on for an hour, then blot it off and apply lipstick. it gives a pouty look, i like it. too bad it cost so much for such a skimpy amount they give you

Originally Posted by Bee Luscious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Some work and some don't! Also some people respond differently to different brands. Plus it won't happen overnight. I know ours takes about 29 days to see the full effect. But everyone respond differently. We have had some women that say they notice fuller lips in about a week. The only way to get "overnight" results is with the surgery! I didn't know you were supposed to use it continuously! I thought it was just a temporary effect. So, how often are you supposed to wear/apply it throughout the day?

what brand takes 29 days to work?

ive only tried two, lip injection and lip fusion, both worked within one minute with noticable results.

the trick with lip plumpers is how you apply them. just applying it like reg lip gloss doesnt really do much.

keep your mouth open applying to "stretched" taut lips and really work it in.

one application of lip fusion keeps me plump for a few days. i only need it a few times a week

i was going to get collegen injections but thank god i found this stuff
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by schmifty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried LipVenom and that burns... Lately I've tried Too Faced Lip Injection a few times... It feels really tingly and ITCHY, and the worst thing is how it works... It makes my whole lip area look IRRITATED, rather than just plumped. Yes, the lips get swollen (and super bright red), but all the skin around my lips turns red and splotchy too. It shows right through my foundation. I look like a crazy person who just smeared red lipstick all over the place. Yuck!

Well thanks for sharing! I was going to buy some this week, now I doubt I will!!!!

I have been thinking of trying some of these. How long does it take to work the first time? or is a gradual thing?

Sounds like the Sally Hansen stuff is the place to start.

I'd love to find a plumper that works, but none of the ones I've tried have worked for me.

I've tried lip fusion, city lips, mac, clinique, pout and duwop. Some of them made my lips tingle, but none of them made my lips look any different.

I've tried several and have not noticed even the slightest difference with any of them. All I did was waste money............especially on the Lip Fusion. I gave it away. I have not tried the Sally Hansen but probably won't anytime soon.

I actually liked too faced lip injection. I wear it under my favorite color. It might be all in my head though. I think I actually subconciously push my lips out when I wear it - lol

I hated Lip Venom it burned horribly, I also have seen difference from using Sally Hansen, I felt they were all irritant and marketing tools to get you to spend your money. I ordered a product by mistake with great results and it was a huge surprise to me, I ordered the Liptox sheer at Bee Luscious products when I saw an ad for them, it never irritated my lips nor gave me that bee sting look either, it was a minty flavor and it healed my chapped lips and I have noticed that the difference on my lips is the lines have disappeared. My lips are shiny and pretty they look natural and sexy two thumbs up to this company and I am so happy I clicked on their ad. I have gotten within the past month around 9 products and have been very satisfied with everything. I am going to shopping today for the sales.
rotfl.gif

I tried the Sally Hansen lip plumper and it gives you a tingly sensation along with a swollen lip. It's cinnamon flavored. Whatever is in it, it's temporary. Unless you got Jessica Simpson's money for collagen injections, this might work out for you. For me, I'll stick to what God gave me. My natural lips. I like them just the way they are.

Originally Posted by vader /img/forum/go_quote.gif what brand takes 29 days to work?
ive only tried two, lip injection and lip fusion, both worked within one minute with noticable results.

the trick with lip plumpers is how you apply them. just applying it like reg lip gloss doesnt really do much.

keep your mouth open applying to "stretched" taut lips and really work it in.

one application of lip fusion keeps me plump for a few days. i only need it a few times a week

i was going to get collegen injections but thank god i found this stuff
rotfl.gif

I'm going to try this today and see how it works for me.

Back