Do not do what i did yesterday EVER

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin is acting very strange and its dry with blocked pores around the chin. I got this great Gatineau stuff , you mix a sachet with some liqued and apply with a brush for a deep cleanse . Its supposed to de clog pores and give you a really zesty clean skin. Thats fine apart from my skin is now resembleing a dried fig and is seriously dehydrated and sore. I have stripped my face of all its natural oils and now , whatever i apply, its not working. I have tried everything so has anyone got any ideas please ?

or am i hitting the menopause early ???????????

icon_cry.gif
icon_confused.gif

Yikes!
icon_surprised.gif

Just keep hydrating your skin. You're right, its sounds like you've stripped your *what they call* acid mantle.

Sometimes a skin cream or some type of skin care solution can even cause a dermatitus (sp)

It sounds like that may have happened. Just keep it moisturised with a simple moisturiser. If you have access to Eucerin, try that. You can find it at most drug stores.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk My skin is acting very strange and its dry with blocked pores around the chin. I got this great Gatineau stuff , you mix a sachet with some liqued and apply with a brush for a deep cleanse . Its supposed to de clog pores and give you a really zesty clean skin. Thats fine apart from my skin is now resembleing a dried fig and is seriously dehydrated and sore. I have stripped my face of all its natural oils and now , whatever i apply, its not working. I have tried everything so has anyone got any ideas please ?or am i hitting the menopause early ???????????

icon_cry.gif
icon_confused.gif

Yeah it sounds like you have over stripped your skin. This happened to me once when I used too strong of product on my face. I had to keep putting tons of lotion on it and it took quite a while to heal. There is a cream called Acid Mantle actually that is sold here in the US at a pharmacy but over the counter. You might go to a pharmacy there in the UK to see if you have a similar product. It works wonders. I used it on my son's diaper rash and nothing healed it as quickly as that product did. His used to get so bad that it was bleeding but with this product he was better overnight. You might want to visit a pharmacy anyway to get a real simple face cream to use until your skin recovers. I wouldn't use any creams that have fragrance or too many additives. I know that the pharmacies in Finland have really good skin care items that are good basic products without irritants so I would assume you might be able to find similar over there at a local pharmacy over the counter. Hope your skin feels better soon! I know the feeling....nothing is worse than that!

Ouch that sounds so sore girlie.. Hope your skin feels better soon
smile.gif

Hi Donnamaryuk, Did this product have retinol or anything in it? It sounds sore. Hopefully your skin will heal in a few days,but keep it moist and protected. A sunscreen is a good idea too to protect your skin, especially if it has been stripped and is raw. Hope it gets better soon.

Latest posts

Back