Do you agree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gazing at the freshly stocked shelves of Stila's shimmery shadows, Urban Decay's punchy color and the sleek packaging of Nars, I felt overwhelmed with decisions. What colors should I choose? Which concealer should I buy? And why are there so many brands of eyelash curlers? Makeup411.com polled professional make-up artists from around the globe and compiled a list of favorite make-up products. From the classic Maybelline "pink and green" mascara to Shu Uemura's eyelash curler, makeup411.com is letting out the industry's best kept secrets:

http://www.makeup411.com/best_of_best_contents.htm

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Thanks-I love looking at what others think are the best of the best and trying them out!

Originally Posted by elljmz Thanks-I love looking at what others think are the best of the best and trying them out! Me too, I like to test new m/u products a lot
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i agree with most, but not with shu's lash curler. i haven't tried a few of the other products, so i can't really say.

i think i'm the only one who hasn't tried great lash, though.

I haven't tried most of those products either, but I must disagree with the mascara!

I only tried Great Lash once or twice, and I hated it because it took so long to dry -- as soon as I would blink after applying it, I had black streaks all over my face! (Yet I like Maybelline's other waterproof mascaras! Right now Sky High Curves Waterproof is my favorite!)

I also didn't like L'Oreal's Lash Out mascara -- while it did lengthen and separate, it was the only mascara I've ever tried that actually straightened my lashes even if I used an eyelash curler!

Grrrrr. I can't view it at work, but if Maybelline's Great Lash is on their I'll go ahead and let you know I'm not a fan of that at all. I'll check it out on my lunch, when I go home and I'll post my thoughts later.

Originally Posted by cottoncandy i dont understand why everyone raves about that maybelline mascara. its crap. I totally agree!!

i always look at the shelves and think wat shall i try next?! theres so many to try and so expensive too
frown.gif

Great Lash is #2 on the list. I am sorry but, LMAO!

With that said, I don't agree and wouldn't trust their "best" list.

Yes Great Lash is terrible..the only maybelline mascara worth it for me is Fullnsoft.

i dont have mascara b4 but after reading a lot of good reviews from magazine about maybelline's mascara, i finally get one....jeeeez, it smudges like crazy on me, at the end of the day i look like a raccoon w/o even knowing it....i never use it and sold it very cheap. maxfactor is much better.

i still wonder what's great with shu's curler...seems like everybody was raving about it so i bought 1 on my birthday last yr. ...gosh, was really disappointed with it, i actually have a semi-curled eyelashes already but i thought it would probably enhance my lashes with the shu curler, i tried lot of times but i always end up with a weird kind of spiral lashes...i dunno i tried different techniques. oh well, i can;t part with it yet, i'm still willing to give it another try.

Originally Posted by Trisha i agree with a few things on there but not the Maybelline Great Lash! honestly nobody i know would even touch that stuff with a bargepole! I agree! Here in some magazines etc. it's always voted to be the best blah blah, but noone I know would touch it now.
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Gazing at the freshly stocked shelves of Stila's shimmery shadows, Urban Decay's punchy color and the sleek packaging of Nars, I felt overwhelmed with decisions. What colors should I choose? Which concealer should I buy? And why are there so many brands of eyelash curlers? Makeup411.com polled professional make-up artists from around the globe and compiled a list of favorite make-up products. From the classic Maybelline "pink and green" mascara to Shu Uemura's eyelash curler, makeup411.com is letting out the industry's best kept secrets:
http://www.makeup411.com/best_of_best_contents.htm

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I agree 100% with their thoughts on Mac e/s and Loreal's lashout mascara!!!

i didn't agree with any of the choices shown. i guess i'm alittle set in my ways. the only item they showed that i actually have used in smith's rosebud salve, which i really like. everything else was totally off.

Latest posts

Back