Do you answer your cell no matter what?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hardly ever answer my phone. If I'm working at my desk and it rings, I'll answer, but if I'm doing lab work I figure I can't be reached at that time. Many of my co-workers bring their phones with them when they're working in the lab though.

I don't answer my phone if the caller ID just says "unknown caller" - I think nowadays it's not asked too much to send your number along. If someone doesn't, I always get the feeling they need to hide something and I don't see the necessity to talk to such people, no matter where they got my number from. And I would never ever rush out of the bathroom when it rings - if it's someone close, I can easily call back - if not, then I don't care so much anyway
wink.gif

Oh, and when I go to sleep I put it on silent mode so that I won't be disturbed.

if it's someone i know and i'm not going to bed yet, yes i answer. the others, it's just a game of luck. i also put my phone on vibrate, better miss a call than disturb everyone with a lousy loud ringtone (considering my phone is always under a pile of things in my bag).

I use to not answer my phone much because I was very busy, or tired, etc..

But now I usually answer my calls, sometimes I am just not in the mood to hear someone vent to me all their problems so I wont answer, but I will call them back.

i answer mine most of the time. if its my aunt who calls me every day to talk about her problems and im not in the mood i just ignore her. i always answer for my parents and fiance.

I don't answer my phone if...

1)I'm at work
lam.gif

2) I asleep
sleep.gif

3)...or if I'm in bed with my boyfriend
nite.gif

I answer my cell most of the time. The only times I do not answer is when I'm driving. If I am expecting a call I will try to pull over somewhere to talk. When I am at the movies or a doctor/dentist appt I shut my phone off and whoever may call will get my voice mail which I can check afterwards.

of course I answer them.. unless i have not my cell with me like today for example!!!

i don't answer my phone if i don't recognize the number if its unknown. i just sent them straight to message and if they don't leave the message then i just ignore it.

also most of the time my phone is on vibrate so i always leave it somewhere and i don't hear when it rings and my husband has a big issue with that.

i alwasy pick up the phone when my family calls and if i know my friends are calling because its in emergency ohter then that i don't like to talk just about nonsense.

Originally Posted by canadian_gurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I answer my cell most of the time. The only times I do not answer is when I'm driving. If I am expecting a call I will try to pull over somewhere to talk. When I am at the movies or a doctor/dentist appt I shut my phone off and whoever may call will get my voice mail which I can check afterwards. canadiangurl, you're my hero. Finally someone with manners. I worked at a clinic for 10 years. I can't tell you how many people answer their phone when the doctor is in the room starting an exam. One day the doctor got pissed and walked out and returned much later. I don't turn my phone on half the time. I keep my calls to a minimum when I'm out. Quite honestly, I don't want to listen to other people's conversation when I'm in the line at Target and I don't want anyone to hear mine. I've never run across anyone on the phone who had such a fascinating life that I needed to be included on the conversation.

I dont really get a lot of calls on my cell, so most I do answer. Numbers I don't recogize I usually let go to voice mail, though. If a strange number calls and doesn't leave a message I either won''t answer it, or, if I am feeling curious I may answer it, or just call it back later and ask who I have reached.

I do not answer all of my calls. If I'm busy or if I'm just in a crappy mood and dont feel like talking, I'll let it go to voicemail. I only use a cell phone and All my importqnt people have their own ring tone. If it's my daughter or mother I try to always catch those. I also screen my calls. If I dont know the number, I dont answer.

I hardly ever answer my calls... if my family wants to get in touch with me they usually call my bf's cell.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Girl... You and that phone! I don't see why you can never find it LOL! See...you are trying to make me tell my dirty secret, LOL
thefinger.gif

I do give the number to people I like, but sometimes my friend I mentioned calls me after 10:30pm almost EVERY night! She's a brand new mommy and it's the only time she has, but my God, I don't want to speak to her that late.

Latest posts

Back