Do you count calories?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was a time when I took out a calculator with me and I even checked out the nutritional info before I went to a restaurant or fast food place..
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't go to those extremes now I just kinda aprox in my head..

If you count calories how many do you eat per day?

If you don't what do you do to maintain your weight?

I dont count my calories,i just try to use common sence.Like its ok to have one cookie,not the whole box,drinking water,excercising and to remember to eat like a king at breakfast ,eat like a comonner at lunch and eat like a pauper at dinner. I also try to stop eating by six in the evening.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hm, I don´t do much to obtain my weight as I´m skinny by nature. I only try hard to eat lots of fruit and stay away from too much sugar & fat (and chocolate, unfortunately) as this helps my skin to get clearer.

but say when I buy groceries and I know 2 yoghurts taste the same but one is fat reduced I´ll take the fat reduces one and I usually look at the amount of calories on the packages.

I don´t really count everything together though. I guess my daily calorie intake would be around 2000?? not sure though, could even be a little more sometimes as I get hungry very fast due to my fast metabolism and I have countless small meals a day rather than just breakfast,lunch and dinner.

I can also eat whatever I want and maintain my weight since I have such a high metabolism ... I'm not sure how many calories I eat but I know it's above 2,000 a day! I also don't exercise much which I know isn't healthy ... but I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies lately to get more nutrients, and cut back a little on salt and saturated fats just to be healthy
wink.gif
I know my body fat and blood pressure are good, but I haven't had my choloresterol checked and I know you can have high cholorestrol while still being underweight...

Honestly I would love to gain a few pounds, because I have no hips and it's so hard to find pants that fit since most Misses' departments stop at a size 6, and Junior's styles are often too young for me.
frown.gif
But my mom was the same way, she didn't have to watch her weight until after she had her second child (at age 28 or so), so I'll probably be skinny for several more years.... considering I'm 24 and we don't want kids for another few years
biggrin.gif

No I don't. I just try to eat sensibly and have treats now and then. My biggest problem is remembering to eat-especially breakfast as I work days. I just try to listen to my body and eat when I need too.

I dont per say count calories but i do try to keep a mental note of how muvh I think I may have eaten throughout the day before I splurge or have dessert. I am not one of the naturally thin and I have to work out 5 days a week to maintain any normalcy.

I've done the calorie counting, but I was never able to keep up with it for more than three days in a row. I cook everything from scratch so it is really difficult to get the exact measurements and calories of like a handful of beans and a various sized veggies. I have learned what it feels like to eat 1500 calories vs 2000 calories and I try to stay at the 1500 end of the range. Good luck with the counting!!

Originally Posted by smallpuppy There was a time when I took out a calculator with me and I even checked out the nutritional info before I went to a restaurant or fast food place..
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't go to those extremes now I just kinda aprox in my head..If you count calories how many do you eat per day?

If you don't what do you do to maintain your weight?

i don't count calories like that anymore either. usually i just go onto :
fitday.com

i enter what i eat, they count it FOR me
smile.gif
and i am not too obssesed about it, i am VERY obssessed with how much calories i burn, not how much i intake. the website has a bar graph that pits ur calorie intake against ur calorie burn; so u know if u burned more than u eat (by percentage).

i also make sure if i dont work out on a certain day, i drink more water and cut down my portions a bit.

Latest posts

Back