Do you guys think your clairsonic is worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one, either I lost it at a hotel (unlikely) or someone swiped it out of my luggage when it was checked (more likely). I never replaced it, not worth it.

I use a little silicone pad I bought at sephora for $5 with little knobbies on it, it works just as well. If you want really buffed skin, try Skinfinite Microderma Scrub. I got it as a sample from Discover with Marta box and loved it. I bought the full size. It smells a little funky and feels extremely abrasive, but it makes my skin feel really really soft. I notice a difference after I use it. If I recall correctly the price isn't too bad somewhere between $20-$30 for 3.3 oz

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So much yes to everything you said. My products don't absorb faster either. And if they did, so what? That's a lot of money to get your face products to absorb faster lol.
Thank you for posting this honest review. I would've purchased a Clairsonic for my large pores on my cheeks but after reading all of your opinions, I can see that a three dollar brush would work just the same. I hate getting suckered in for trends like this, spending 100+ for a device that is just a automatic face scrubber. haha

Thanks everyone for their reviews!  I've also considered purchasing a Clarisonic, but it seems that it may not be necessary (I don't wear make-up regularly, but I have adult acne).  I've been using the Sephora face complexion brush and the precision pore cleansing pad - I'll stick with these tools for now.  

FYI: My former-esthetician friend also didn't think it was necessary (as long as you exfoliate regularly).

Wow pretty mixed reviews on the Clarisonic here. I am debating on getting a Clarisonic Mia2 on QVC since they have it for $136.20 on 3 easy payments with Peter Thomas Roth products. I have a pretty sensitive skin with hormonal breakouts. 

Thank you all for your inputs.... and maybe updates from those who have used it for a while now???

The Clarisonic Mia 2 is my favorite thing ever! I got it for christmas and I've used it twice a day ever since. I love what it has done for my skin! I think it's 100% worth it and more! I own the deep pore brush, the sensitive brush (which comes with it) and the acne brush. I switch them up. It's seriously my best friend! I would cry if something happened to it! I used the Olay Pro X for years before I got the Clarisonic and they aren't really comparable. The motion they make is totally different. Olay, Buff Puff, and the other systems scrub, the Clarisonic is a sonic pulse on the skin. They feel nothing alike.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Clarisonic Mia 2 is my favorite thing ever! I got it for christmas and I've used it twice a day ever since. I love what it has done for my skin! I think it's 100% worth it and more! I own the deep pore brush, the sensitive brush (which comes with it) and the acne brush. I switch them up. It's seriously my best friend! I would cry if something happened to it! I used the Olay Pro X for years before I got the Clarisonic and they aren't really comparable. The motion they make is totally different. Olay, Buff Puff, and the other systems scrub, the Clarisonic is a sonic pulse on the skin. They feel nothing alike.
thats really great to hear! I have never used any "face brush" ever since it scares me it might just break me out more and for that kind of money I sure hope I am wrong...i'm definitely gonna look for some sales online on the Mia2 - which is the one I am really eyeing to buy eventually =) 

I think you could compare the clarisonic to a power toothbrush in a way.  Of course you can clean your teeth well with a regular toothbrush, but the power tooth brush gets them super clean, super fast.  I don't use my clarisonic when I am having fresh breakouts, though.  In fact, I only use my clarisonic every other day (which is how often I shower due to dry skin). I still use a micro dermabrasion once every few weeks, as well as an acid peel once a week or so when my skin is in good shape (which is most of the year). I do use the regular or sensitive brush heads on my clarisonic.  You can buy the deep pore cleaning brush head if you have oily skin and large pores.  

I loved my Clarisonic when I first bought it, used every night as it made my skin feel so clean. At the time though I had quite acne prone skin, and it was only til my skin cos really bad that I realised the Clarisonic made it worse, so it's now sat unused in my drawer
frown.gif
My skins cleared up now but I'm too scared to use it again.

I liked it when I first bought it but didn't feel any difference in my skin. So I changed brush head to the sensitive and was still the same. I recently tried the delicate brush head and it has made a huge difference. My skin has really cleared up and I can use it twice a day. I would not be without mine now.

I think it worth that. Maybe everyone has different feeling when using, but if you feel it makes you feel good, then it worth...

I've been using the Mia for over a year and I wouldn't purchase it again.  Before the Clarisonic I was using the sensitive Buf-puff and the Buf-puff did just as good of a job.  When I hear people talk about the amazing results from the Clarisonic, I have to wonder if before the Clarisonic they were just using their hands or washcloth and not something that exfoliates.  I'll continue to use the Mia since I have it, but I don't recommend the Clarisonic to anyone who asks about it.

I think it is worth it.  I used to use those buff pads, my mom introduced them to me when I was around 10 years old or so.  I've always had a problem with clogged pores and random unprovoked flakies on the sides of my cheeks/chin/lips.  I used them a long time, but I always hated it and the cost adds up.  Each pad would only last me about 3-4 uses then it'd start to get too soft to do a good job. 

Then about a year ago I started getting weird blackhead like pores.  They don't make bumps, and they don't have junk in them, it just looks like my pores got dark.  Nothing I tried fixed that.

I got curious about the mia brush, but couldn't fathom paying that much money on it.  It took me a good 2 years to break down and even try the cheapo drugstore version!  I liked the Olay one, but felt it was wonky on the power supply and how long the brushes lasted, and it didn't feel nice in my hand when I used it. 

As soon as Sephora offered the 20% coupon for a 1000 point reward option, I bit the bullet and bought a mia 2 system.  Hated the cleanser it came with, but have loved the brush! 

I have very sensitive skin, so I only use it once per day, at night to wash my makeup off.  It has cleared my pores, ended my flakies all over, and especially helped with my forever dry chapped lips.  I just run it against them first for a few seconds before the rest of my face.  Lip scrubs just make mine worse, but maybe I'm weird? lol  I also don't need to use facial scrub products as often, because the brush is essentially buffing your face each time it is used.

If you are wanting to try it, but unsure if it is for you, I would strongly suggest buying it from somewhere with a good return policy.  That's why I bought mine at Sephora.  It doesn't matter if you get a 30-50$ discount on the product if you end up not liking it and can't return it!

They are like electric toothbrushes... just for your face.  If you use it too much, too hard, with the wrong cleaning product, of course you'll hate it and it'll eat your skin up.  Gently ease into use, and start with gentle cleansers, then gradually find the right routine for your skin.

Back