Do you guys think your clairsonic is worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying one with the 20% beauty.com friends and family sale. Combining that with the 6% cash back on ebates it's like $30 off maybe a little more.

I think it's a great deal and you'll never get it for any cheaper. 

I definitely think it's worth it. I use mine at night and it really gets all the makeup and grime off. I feel like the texture of my skin has greatly improved and I don't have many breakouts now. I also have very oily skin and I feel like the Clarisonic has really helped with that as well. It's expensive, but a good investment. I think you would enjoy it. 

I bought the clarisonic mia 2 with the acne brush... I have terrible skin... I mean... nothing would clear it up besides birth control pills and I didn't want to take them anymore. Ever since I started using it with the DDF brightening cleanser I got in my birchbox... my skin has cleared up so much... when I don't use it for while it gets worse. I still have acne but it isn't as bad. It really didn't help the black heads on my nose though.

Yeah! I would love to gone one those! It looks great for you skin. And if you can get a little deal on it, that's awesome!

Any particular reason why? I've been wanting one for awhile, but I'd the pros and cons

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. Waste of money.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any particular reason why? I've been wanting one for awhile, but I'd the pros and cons
It really didn't do anything for my skin that a cheap, soft, exfoliating brush couldn't do. I have acne prone skin, and this didn't reduce breakouts. It did nothing for blackheads. My skin looks smoother when I use the Glycolic Acid you get at Rite Aid for $14.99 per bottle that lasts several months. I didn't feel I got a good return for my investment at all. It didn't harm my skin, but it didn't improve it either.

I broke out horribly on my chin, with the Clarisonic. Not just the purge stage, since I've had mine since May. It's a toss up, because I do feel like my facial products absorb faster, but it's not made my pores noticeably smaller or helped with acne all, IMO. Blackheads still present and I started getting acne on my chin. I'm just relieved that I used a butt ton of points to offset the cost and didn't pay full retail out of pocket.

I bought mine on Craig's list for $60.  I don't use it much.  I have normal skin, no acne but it is sensitive.  I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.  I don't think it works any better than a olay brush or a scrub.  It doesn't make creams absorb faster nor doesn't it have any miraculous properties of any kind.  Its just a brush, a very expensive brush with a very expensive replacement head. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought mine on Craig's list for $60.  I don't use it much.  I have normal skin, no acne but it is sensitive.  I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.  I don't think it works any better than a olay brush or a scrub.  It doesn't make creams absorb faster nor doesn't it have any miraculous properties of any kind.  Its just a brush, a very expensive brush with a very expensive replacement head. 
So much yes to everything you said. My products don't absorb faster either. And if they did, so what? That's a lot of money to get your face products to absorb faster lol.

I have never had a problem with products 'absorbing'. Most of it is water so its usually just evaporation anyways. I know it's water because I make my own skin products. Most of all products sit on the skin. I don't think I want my skin to absorb stuff quickly, it would be more damaging than beneficial. Skin should have a barrier to protect itself from damage.

I've been wanting to get a clarasonic too. But I saw that most ladies agree that it doesn't clear blackheads, or makes pores smaller. Those are my only skin complaints, I don't get acne and my skin isn't sensitive. I can use any product in the world and it will do just fine, guess I might pass on it.

For anyone looking to maybe buy it beauty.com has it on sale for $95. It's a white mia and it comes with perricone md products. Then you can use the 20% friends and family and the 6% ebates cash back getting it down to about $70. They also do free shipping over $25 so shipping would be free as well.

For that price I might end up buying it. But from what everyone else is saying it's not doing too much for them. My main issue is dry skin and I always forget to put moisturizer on so I was hoping this might get me to start taking care of my skin more.

For anyone looking to maybe buy it beauty.com has it on sale for $95. It's a white mia and it comes with perricone md products. Then you can use the 20% friends and family and the 6% ebates cash back getting it down to about $70. They also do free shipping over $25 so shipping would be free as well. For that price I might end up buying it. But from what everyone else is saying it's not doing too much for them. My main issue is dry skin and I always forget to put moisturizer on so I was hoping this might get me to start taking care of my skin more.
Exfoliating and using a moisturizer regularly would help and probably clear that up. My Clarisonic Mia doesn't exfoliate, just cleans.

I'm a recent convert to Clarasonic, and it has helped my skin.  I've got super oily, congested skin, and the clarity of my skin has improved since I started using it.  I've gotten fewer blackheads on my nose and my pores look smaller.  I've tried other brush cleansers and the results were not the same for me. 

I have used the Clarisonic, the Olay brush, facial loofahs, and Buf-Pufs. I find that the sensitive version of the Buf-Puf is the best for light exfoliation. I have mild adult acne (with a history of severe acne) and I have KP on my face. I also have combo oily and dry skin, and I find that the Buf-Puf does well with exfoliating with any cleanser I like.

-Sarah

I have used the Clarisonic, the Olay brush, facial loofahs, and Buf-Pufs. I find that the sensitive version of the Buf-Puf is the best for light exfoliation. I have mild adult acne (with a history of severe acne) and I have KP on my face. I also have combo oily and dry skin, and I find that the Buf-Puf does well with exfoliating with any cleanser I like. -Sarah
I'm not familiar with Buf-Pufs. Are they just pads you use to wash with?

I love love love my Clarisonic! I have the Mia and I use Origins Checks & Balances face wash and my face has definitely never been so smooth and breakout-free since I started using it a little over a year ago.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not familiar with Buf-Pufs. Are they just pads you use to wash with?
These are oval shaped pads about the size of a women's hand. There are varying levels of exfoliation. I have had trouble finding them in recent years, but I finally found them at Walgreen's. They can also be purchased on drugstore dot com. They provide gentle exfoliation if you have a light hand or you can actually scrub your face if you need it. I'd say they are $5 to $8 for 1-2 per pack. Many people love them, but I know some girls who feel they are too harsh. I've loved them since I was maybe 12 years old and I used to have severe acne as a kid.

I change up the cleanser I use with them, you can use anything you'd like, but the scrub component of exfoliating cleansers are hard to rinse from the puf.

These are oval shaped pads about the size of a women's hand. There are varying levels of exfoliation. I have had trouble finding them in recent years, but I finally found them at Walgreen's. They can also be purchased on drugstore dot com. They provide gentle exfoliation if you have a light hand or you can actually scrub your face if you need it. I'd say they are $5 to $8 for 1-2 per pack. Many people love them, but I know some girls who feel they are too harsh. I've loved them since I was maybe 12 years old and I used to have severe acne as a kid. I change up the cleanser I use with them, you can use anything you'd like, but the scrub component of exfoliating cleansers are hard to rinse from the puf.
Of course! I actually have a pink exfoliating face sponge..same thing more or less. I get mine at a little Asian market, so I can't read the writing.

Latest posts

Back