Do you pick at your skin/pimples/scars, etc?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We always read that it's bad to pick at your skin, pop your pimples, or even rest your hand on your face/chin because it breeds bacteria.

The question is, do you do any or all of the above?

yes, because i can't stand all the dirt in my pores, blakcheads or white pimples. i apply some alcohol and some tea tree oil after with a q-tip.

Only if it gets really big and is about to pop anyway. That's the only exception and thankfully I don't have to do it often.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes, because i can't stand all the dirt in my pores, blakcheads or white pimples. i apply some alcohol and some tea tree oil after with a q-tip. That's what I do as well.

Yeah I cant handle the pimples with the white puss in them..I have to pop those right away even though it's bad.

And who doesnt rest their hand on their face atleast once in a while.

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes I pop my pimples and I LOVE to pop my husband's bacne! Im gonna throw up..ahaha

I pick at my cuticles...not my face. If I had something to pick there, I'd probably do that there too!

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif Only if it gets really big and is about to pop anyway. That's the only exception and thankfully I don't have to do it often. same here....

Yes. I am absolutely terrible. If I see a pimple, I have to pick at it. I really wish I wouldn't though, as I am now left with some quite ugly scarring xxx

I don´t pick at whiteheads. I steam my face, sterilize a very thin needle, pop the pimple and pull on the skin on both side of the pimple so that the white stuff comes out on it´s onw.

I do pick at the skin on my lips though, when it´s cracked. It´s bad cause it makes my lips look worse! And when I have a cold sore I can´t stop touching it to see if it has already gotten bigger...same with big cystic pimples

I use to but now I just apply Neutrogena's Acne Spot Treatment and it reduces the size and color of a pimple within a few hours...as long as you leave it alone! I am guilty of touching my face, resting my hands on my face, and picking at my dry lips, though.

I do what Andi does. If I have a large whitehead ( I rarely get those) I steam it with a warm rag and then gently extract it. I really don't pick.

Guilty as charged.

Im 45 now and I still get them really bad on my shoulders and upper back, not so much on my face fortunitly. THe scars are so bad on my shoulders I wear make up on them when I go sleevless. I hate it.

I don't pick often as there is nothing large enough to pick at. If I was really desperate, I would, but spot treat immediately with OHMJM.

i'm getting much better and treating my blemishes topically rather than squeezing and poking my skin. i have to be honest, though, i'm not 100% reformed! lol~

Latest posts

Back