Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As we head into colder weather, do you switch up products to adjust? I've been using a gel cream moisturizer during the days and nights, but will probably need a heavier night cream for fall/winter. My skin gets really parched from the weather and needs a little more moisturizing TLC. I use body butters and oils year round, but really amp it up during the colder months, too. What about you?

I switch because my skin changes and my skin changes color (loses that 1/2 tan look).

I actually change like my whole routine. I go from tinted moisturizers to full fledged foundation... I wear more eye makeup...blush and bronzer come out of hiding...I line my lids instead of just using mascara...etc, lol. I basically wear more in the winter because I sweat it off in the summer.

I'm pretty much a creature of habit! Not much change throughout the year. That being said, there's pretty much only one season in Southwest Texas - summer.

In terms of moisturizers, I don't use anything on my face except the occasional swipe of aloe (from an actual plant, the "100%" gel you can get at the store breaks me out something awful. I assume I'm allergic to one or more of the preservatives in it), and I only use some body butter on my legs once a week after I shave.

As for makeup, my everyday eye is just black eyeliner, black (or black-based) eyeshadow, and maybe mascara if I'm not feeling too lazy. The only part of my routine I switch up is my lips. I tend to favour reds or darker, more purple shades, depending on how dark my outfit of the day is.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty much a creature of habit! Not much change throughout the year. That being said, there's pretty much only one season in Southwest Texas - summer.

In terms of moisturizers, I don't use anything on my face except the occasional swipe of aloe (from an actual plant, the "100%" gel you can get at the store breaks me out something awful. I assume I'm allergic to one or more of the preservatives in it), and I only use some body butter on my legs once a week after I shave.

As for makeup, my everyday eye is just black eyeliner, black (or black-based) eyeshadow, and maybe mascara if I'm not feeling too lazy. The only part of my routine I switch up is my lips. I tend to favour reds or darker, more purple shades, depending on how dark my outfit of the day is.
Ahhhh, I see! I live in PA where we get a nice healthy dose of all 4 seasons.

I also switch because my skin gets really dry during the colder months and in summer it gets oily

I change my skincare routine based on the seasons as well. I also have a night skin care routine and a day skin care routine.

Latest posts

Back