Do you tan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am particularly interested in how many other pale-skinned girls like me don't tan and embrace their paleness, lol, but I figured while I was at it, I might as well make a poll with lots of options
smile.gif

Check all that you do on a regular basis!

I only tan when I have time, or as long as it isnt too hot outside. I like to have just a slight tan, because i come from a long line of skin cancer/melanoma. I also could have it. For special occasions, i put on some tanning lotion (it lasts up to a week). But otherwise my legs are pale, cuz i dont like shorts (i think my legs are fat).

I tan once in awhile... no obsessions here.
wink.gif
I have a semi-tan complexion naturally... but it is nice every so often to lay out.
smile.gif

I love lying out in the sun although i only had a chance to do it one day this summer because we didnt have nice weather. I use a self-tanner in the winter then. Its actually Johnsons Holiday Skin. Its a body moisturiser with some self tanner in it. Love, love, love it
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I am particularly interested in how many other pale-skinned girls like me don't tan and embrace their paleness, lol, but I figured while I was at it, I might as well make a poll with lots of options
smile.gif

I'm pale, pale, pale, and I have a hard time getting a tan. I would have to lay out all afternoon, but then I would just burn and peel. I sometimes use jergens natural glow lotion, but not every day. I am trying to embrace my fair skin, since I know it will look nicer when I am older than all those girls that lay out constantly or go to the beds 1-2 times a week. Are tanning salons as popular in Europe as they are here?

I don't think it's possible for me to get any whiter than I already am. My skin knows two colors, pasty white and lobster red. The lobster red hurts, so I stay out of the sun!

I don't mind being pale. I'm pale with freckles and auburn/strawberry blond hair and I really don't mind. Once in a while my super white legs are a bit embarrassing in shorts. But I'd rather be white than red and in pain.

I can tan so quickly that it would make your head spin. One day in the sun and I am tan. Look at my avatar
wink.gif
Natural sun only for me with spf 4

Originally Posted by girl_geek

I am particularly interested in how many other pale-skinned girls like me don't tan and embrace their paleness, lol, but I figured while I was at it, I might as well make a poll with lots of options
smile.gif

Originally Posted by anne7 I am trying to embrace my fair skin, since I know it will look nicer when I am older than all those girls that lay out constantly or go to the beds 1-2 times a week. Same here
smile.gif
And yes, tanning salons are very popular here, and the worst things are those "24/7 salons", there's noone there that tells you what the dangers are,how long you can tan etc ,which is very important information.

My health is more important than my tan, I wish more people agreed with me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by anne7 I am trying to embrace my fair skin, since I know it will look nicer when I am older than all those girls that lay out constantly or go to the beds 1-2 times a week. I know what you mean, there are a few women in my hometown that are in their 40's or 50's and still constantly tan, and their skin looks like leather!
Even though I'm very pale (I always have to buy the lightest shade of foundation and sometimes those are too dark for me), I can actually get a little bit of a tan if I go out in the sun a little bit every day. Although it's not much of a tan -- my mom, who has more of a medium complexion, said that I don't tan, I just go from white to beige, lol. I used to lay out in the sun in high school, but now I spend all my summers locked up in an office or classroom so I don't have time. So I've just been sticking to my natural paleness lately!

I don't tan on purpose because I'm very fair skinned but if I go to the beach I don't complain if I happen to get a little tanned.
icon_lol.gif

I used to hit the booths and stay out in the sun. Now I am pale/light and I wear hats, sunglasses and sunscreen for the past few years. I use self tanner sometimes. I recently was at the derm's having my many moles checked and whew, they were normal. I always thought I looked better tanned but now I don't mind the pale look.

I'm having a pale-a-thon with a girl I work with to see who can get the whitest!I have always loved the look of porcelain skin with jet black hair!!! That is my goal this winter!

i tan in tannign salons. i think i look better with color on me. and i hate sitting out for hours in the heat wot get what i can get in 15 minutes. lol

Originally Posted by Liz i tan in tannign salons. i think i look better with color on me. and i hate sitting out for hours in the heat wot get what i can get in 15 minutes. lol Hours in the heat? Yikes, even when I have a tan, I can only lay out for 20 minutes on each side before I start to burn!

lol. yeah, i don't really burn since i have medium skin already.

no, I don't tan I'm naturally pretty tan already... not in my avatar though.xD

i just hope I don't get darker.

I do embrace my paleness and i love my pale skin. however, I answered tanning lotions cause i do use them but not to look tanned, rather to get some "healthy glow". my skin is so pale that even when i use self tanners I still look very pale.

Latest posts

Back