Does anyone have a subscription to "Discover with Marta" program from the "Truth in ageing" website?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen any threads about this website or program but am interested in it. Its expensive, $24 every other month, but it does fancy brands of eye cream, face cream etc.. Your thoughts?

The prices on that site seem jacked up for some of the brands.  For instance, they have some Reviva products, but the prices seemed high to me even on sale, so I checked Ulta.

On the Truth in Aging site, the Reviva Glycolic Acid 5% cream is listed at $25.

At Ulta, it's $12.99 regular priced.  As far as I could tell, it was the same size.

It also looks to me that you have to purchase the yearly membership option at $144.  If you want to cancel, you get a prorated amount back. 

[SIZE=x-small]"Discover with Marta" sample collections received as a part of the membership can not be returned, exchanged or redeemed for their cash value. Upon cancellation, the refund will be processed as follows: $94 after 1 collection was received, $44 after 2 collections were received. No refund can be issued after 3 or more collections were received from the start date of your membership. [/SIZE]

Yeah, I did see that.

I was curious about the items in their sample box right now, so I took the plunge. I'm into wrinkle creams right now.

Here are the items in the current Summer 2012 box.

I like that they tell you what you're getting!

I really want to try the AQ serum

The summer 2012 collection is now shipping and may be our best one yet:

Snowberry Nourishing Lite Day Cream, 15ml (Full Retail Size 1.7 fl oz, $95 in the TIA Shop). Created mostly from wilderness and rainforest plants in sub-tropical north New Zealand, is a powerful anti-aging formula that nourishes, smooths, moisturizes and revitalizes the skin. Suitable for combination skin.

Royal Nectar Original Face Mask, 10ml (Full Retail Size 50ml, $59 in the TIA Shop). A wonderfully hydrating and lifting face mask with anti-inflammatory bee venom as the key active. Gives skin a healthy glow, meriting all the Kate Middleton and British Royals buzz. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive.

Brow Vitality Complex, Full Size 3.85 ml by Truth In Aging. I formulated Brow Vitality to help healthy eyebrow growth using copper peptides and vitamin B to end patchy eyebrows. Based on the formula for Truth In Aging's Hair Vitality Complex, Brow Vitality is enhanced for better application and absorption by the follicle. It's more emollient, conditioning and soothing with the inclusion of emu and meadowfoam seeds oils, vitamin E and alpha bisabolol. Manufactured by Your Best Face.

Osmotics Firming Elasticity Repair, 15ml (Full Retail Size 1.0, $58 in the TIA Shop)
Copper is a formidable anti-aging ingredient, but remains relatively rare in skincare formulations, yet it is a signature Osmotics ingredient, as are the Matrixyl peptide, carnosine and sodium hyaluronate. This product is a winner of Allure's Editor's Choice Award. Suitable for most skin types.

Sevani Ageless-Eyes Revitalizing Eye Serum, 3.75 ml (Full Retail Size 15ml, $54 in the TIA Shop). This all natural eye serum comprised of wild-crafted and organic ingredients hydrates, repairs and renews the delicate skin of the eye area with Sevani's special blend of antioxidants and essential fatty acid rich oils. It is also designed as an all-purpose serum great for vertical lip lines, dehydrated lips, and cuticles. Suitable for most skin types.

AQ Skin Solutions Active Serum, 4ml (Full Retail Size 30ml / 1.0oz, $149 in the TIA Shop). A relatively recent addition to the TIA shop and already a bestseller. This serum contains a concentrated blend (over 40%) of the same growth factor proteins found in healthy young skin plus antioxidant vitamins stimulate collagen production. The GF-technology stimulates skin cells to repair damage that has accumulated over the years, such as sun/age spots and wrinkles, with the efficiency of young, healthy skin cells. Suitable for most skin types.

I just did the math on the box and the samples are worth $145. I also checked the prices on manufacturer and other skincare sites and TIA seems pretty comparable on prices on these items.

That's what I thought, it seemed to be a good deal IF you are interested in these types of products.

I will say that if you want the current box get on now. I just joined and they already sent out the current box, but I was told the cut off is soon, they only have limited amount of samples (already they might have substituted something else for the Sevani eye cream).

I'll let you know when I get it.

When did you join? Mine still says processing.

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I thought, it seemed to be a good deal IF you are interested in these types of products.

I will say that if you want the current box get on now. I just joined and they already sent out the current box, but I was told the cut off is soon, they only have limited amount of samples (already they might have substituted something else for the Sevani eye cream).

I'll let you know when I get it.

I emailed then a couple hours ago about shipping and already received a response that my box ships early next week. Since most of these brands are new to me, I don't really mind if something gets subbed as long as it is a good product and a good size.

I think I placed my order on the 17th. I got a tracking number email on the 19th and it says its supposed to be delivered on Monday (23rd) now that's fast!

Anybody got their box yet? I'm kinda curious to see what the actual contents look like. I know that there's pics on the site, but pictures can be deceiving.

I did but I have already "filed" the stuff away (my iphone takes awful pics and I am too uninspired to take photos). The sizes were good and the value was high. I liked it and will keep it for now.

That's good to know, if you say it's good value, then I'm not so worried about it anymore since it was a bit on the pricey side. thanks

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did but I have already "filed" the stuff away (my iphone takes awful pics and I am too uninspired to take photos). The sizes were good and the value was high. I liked it and will keep it for now.
NellieBelle-

I got my box today too, but the eye cream was replaced with HydroPeptide Cleanser- Anti-Wrinkle Exfoliating Cleanser.  Did you get the eye cream?

Yes, but I read somewhere since it was late there would be a sub, so i was expecting. The Snoberry and the Royal Jelly are the ones I really wanted so I was okay.

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NellieBelle-

I got my box today too, but the eye cream was replaced with HydroPeptide Cleanser- Anti-Wrinkle Exfoliating Cleanser.  Did you get the eye cream?

Yes, I got mine too, maybe a week and a half ago. I would have rather had the eye cream since my eye wrinkles are my main concern but the cleanser is nice. I got it because I wanted to try the AQ active serum. Sadly the serum sample was a small ampule which lasted me about a week. All the other samples were a nice size, but the AQ was small. The Snowberry is nice, as was the cleanser like I said. I'm using the brow gel, I can't say whether its doing anything or not, but I want to give it a fair chance, at least a couple of weeks. The blue copper I'm using on my neck. I'm pleased that none of the products have a perfumey or offensive smell to them. Perfumed skin care products are a major turn off for me.

I don't know if I'd purchase anything I got in a full size, I'm still interested in the AQ, but I don't think a week's worth is enough to say whether it works or not.

Latest posts

Back