Does climbing Stairs help losing weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,everybody. I used to hear about the fact that going up stairs instead of by lift helps lose weight. Does anybody have such experience or something to say about that?

Any movement helps with the loss of weight. Taking the stairs targets specific muscles in your legs and backside that lifting may or may not be able to concentrate on.

Definitely a good cardio workout by taking the stairs up and down quickly. More exercise than taking the elevator.

You can have quite the workout using stairs. Excellent for your glutes! 

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can have quite the workout using stairs. Excellent for your glutes! 
Yeah, i must spend the whole working time, nearly 8 hours a day, in the office sitting on the chair. So I need that workout. Thank you! 
smile.gif

I spend so long in front of a computer too, my eyes are alright but my knees really hurt :S. Luckily I live in a 5th floor apartment and there is no lift! I hope thats enough exercise, I'm not exactly stick thin though LOL

That'd be a really great workout if you go up and down them at least once a day! 

Originally Posted by workitgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I spend so long in front of a computer too, my eyes are alright but my knees really hurt :S. Luckily I live in a 5th floor apartment and there is no lift! I hope thats enough exercise, I'm not exactly stick thin though LOL

Latest posts

Back