Does laser for toenail fungus really work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard about laser. When you do pedicure, uv or led light with disinfecting function, will it work theoretically?

Hi! 

I'm actually a podiatrist who regularly treats fungal infections with a laser machine and we achieve great results. Usually we have about an 85% success rate (it's also clinically proven with a 1064nm Laser) and it just comes down to good diagnosis. You really need to see a foot expert to obtain a proper diagnosis, as there is alot of other nail conditions that can look similar to a fungal nail infection. After care is also really really important for treatment as most "non podiatry" clinics don't actually educate their patients on what has caused their infection in the first place and how to prevent re-infection, which is the biggest problem we see with fungal nail laser. 

But if you are suffering from a fungal nail infection i would recommend you see a podiatrist who does laser. 

Hope this helped! 

Feel free to ask me any questions x 

Do you know anything that helps with a keratin buildup?  I've found that pinchy high heeled shoes and leaving the same polish on for too long were causing most of my problems, but I still have a bit of discoloration. 

Back