Does this look bad?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I want to return a bunch of stuff to my MAC counter. It's stuff that just hasn't worked for me. I've returned stuff before, but it's always been like 1 or 2 things.

i don't need the 192 brush since i have the 190.

the 242 bristles actually hurt my eyes. like they poke me
icon_eek.gif

subculture, don't like it on me and have other things to use

cleanse off oil irritates my skin

orange tangent doesn't look good on me. looks like motif e/s on me

I want $$ for the skin finishes and rebel rock stuff! lol.

I wouldnt worry about it girlie.. If something doesnt work for you & has only been used lightly then you can return it (wish that was allowed in Ireland!)..

If you feel uncomfortable though, you could always make 2 trips!

Originally Posted by Liz I want to return a bunch of stuff to my MAC counter. It's stuff that just hasn't worked for me. I've returned stuff before, but it's always been like 1 or 2 things.
i don't need the 192 brush since i have the 190.

the 242 bristles actually hurt my eyes. like they poke me
icon_eek.gif

subculture, don't like it on me and have other things to use

cleanse off oil irritates my skin

orange tangent doesn't look good on me. looks like motif e/s on me

I want $$ for the skin finishes and rebel rock stuff! lol.

nah-- go for it. Why keep stuff if its not working for ya? They have a return policy for a reason... so i say.. RETURN IT! YAY!
claps.gif

nahh...if u still feel awkward about returning them, bring a friend with you. hehe usually, when if i return big purchases, i feel really bad so i bring a friend so i wont chicken out!

I would either go in 2 trips... or just come right out and explain that while you thought you could make these things work... you realized they just weren't 'you' and would rather buy stuff you know you'd use. They should understand - heck, they probably do it too!!
smile.gif
Just let all the extra $$ for the new stuff be your inspiration!
wink.gif

i'm just gonna go tomorrow when i go pick up my rebel rock and skin finish stuff. i'll just say, "i've been meaning to return them, but i've been trying to find the receipts and have been trying to stay away from the counter till the collection because i don't want to spend so much $$"
icon_redface.gif

i mean i have been wanting to return the stuff and have been trying to sell them. but i want this money to spend on rebel rock and skin finish stuff instead to regular counter stuff. don't want to charge my CC too much. hehe.

oh well. they know how much i buy from them. i just feel bad because i return stuff other times.

When I worked in retail we were a bit more relaxed when people were exchanging items rather than just returning them for cash. People returning for cash always seemed to need a loan to buy groceries or pay bills, but people exchanging seemed to genuinely be interested in finding the right item this time around. I wouldn't worry. If for some reason they won't take the stuff back you can always swap it away!

I think you are fine. If you want to be extra nice, you could just exchange the items when its not too busy at MAC. I am sure that the MA's would appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Marisol I think you are fine. If you want to be extra nice, you could just exchange the items when its not too busy at MAC. I am sure that the MA's would appreciate it. i second that! i also think making 2 trips is a good idea - or go to another mac counter (at the same store, of course), if you have one near you.

i'm going to try getting there in th a.m. and exhange them when i buy other stuff.

thanks for the advice chicas!

Latest posts

Back