"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer LOL maybelline's sky high curves. i will never spend more than $7 on another mascara. i've tried them all and they work just like d/s products. what do you like about sky high curves? I´m not willing to buy high end mascaras either since you run out in 2 months anyway.it´s more of a lengthening mascara, right?

Originally Posted by Tabitha Prada Lip Balm (monodose) Thick, waxy and hard to apply + it dried out my lips.

Stila Convertible Colors...same dewy effect can be duplicated for a lot less by spreading a little petroleum jelly over blush, but who wants vaseline on their cheeks, right?! IMO, CC's are like tinted vaseline in a fancy compact + it caused me to break out with cystic bumps.

Demeter Fragrances...stinky farts stick around longer than these do, unfortunately!

rebuttal and counter point! lol. i *love* the really thick texture of lip monodoses. plus, the bizarre rye bread scent is tasty.
demeter PMUs are supposed to last 5 min. thats why theyre pick me ups!
smile.gif

i have to agree about the CCs. greasy and crappo.

lets see.....what do i really hate? bourjois e/s. no pigment at all. cover girl e/s has better pigment!

Revlon Lip Glide

CoverGirl foundations

Clinique 3-Step skincare

Clinique foundations

Maybelline Shiny-Licious lip gloss

Maybelline eye shadows

Maybelline Great Lash or Volum' Express mascaras

anything Lancome - everything is perfumed, mascaras are clumpy

glitter eye pencils! I know that some people love 'em but the glitter chunks always get in my eyes and hurt so much.

I agree on Demeter fragrances! They don't last at all. I have 3 bottles I am using as room spray because the don't last on me at all. I don't even want to wear them.
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Don't waste your money on................

• something that seems like a miracle product - chances are it probably doesn't work!
  • MAC foundations - i just have a strong dislike for them - everyone who uses MAC fndt at work gets bad breakouts!
  • MAC Prep + Prime - if it ever comes back out, don't bother trying it, it was shit!
I bought the Select SPF15 foundation today, because I loved the coverage, but now i'm worried about it LoL, I don't want to break out
frown.gif

Don't waste your money on:

Revlon colorstay lash tint - doesn't lenthen or add volume and hard to get off even with a remover for waterproof makeup

Revlon lipglides - they don't show up at all

Urban Decay pocket rocket eyeliners - very pretty, but so glittery and the glitter gets all over your face and is impossible to get off

Originally Posted by Jennifer diorshow mascara (!!!) I love this mascara. Its the only one that has worked for me.

Originally Posted by Arielle what do you like about sky high curves? I´m not willing to buy high end mascaras either since you run out in 2 months anyway.it´s more of a lengthening mascara, right?

yep! it makes my lashes SO long and it doesn't flake AT ALL, not even after 12-hour wear. i use the waterproof and whenever i wash my face (i wash it and then apply remover), it doesn't budge at all.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love this mascara. Its the only one that has worked for me. because it has such a big brush, it doesn't work on my fine, thin, short lashes. i've found that brushes that are thinner and have more space in between the bristles work the best on my kind of lashes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer yep! it makes my lashes SO long and it doesn't flake AT ALL, not even after 12-hour wear. i use the waterproof and whenever i wash my face (i wash it and then apply remover), it doesn't budge at all. Glad that you found something that works for you!

Originally Posted by Marisol Glad that you found something that works for you! thanks! me, too
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tabitha Demeter Fragrances...stinky farts stick around longer than these do, unfortunately! LMAO that is the funniest thing i have read all night. but i have to agree
frown.gif
i only have one the summer vacation one i've used it a few times and i am thinking of returning it i need someting that lasts longer.

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons I bought the Select SPF15 foundation today, because I loved the coverage, but now i'm worried about it LoL, I don't want to break out
frown.gif
I've been using it everyday since it came out... and I haven't broken out from it... I love it.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 LMAO that is the funniest thing i have read all night. but i have to agree
frown.gif
i only have one the summer vacation one i've used it a few times and i am thinking of returning it i need someting that lasts longer. oh... just wonderful! lol I have a bottle on its way from Sephora as we speak!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 LMAO that is the funniest thing i have read all night. but i have to agree
frown.gif
i only have one the summer vacation one i've used it a few times and i am thinking of returning it i need someting that lasts longer. anya, what does summer vacation smell like? ive been wanting this one.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse anya, what does summer vacation smell like? ive been wanting this one. to me it has a honeysuckle scent to it. but i've heard people say that it smells like spf. it's got a floral fragrance. i was hoping for something a little more beachy than this turns out to be.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 to me it has a honeysuckle scent to it. but i've heard people say that it smells like spf. it's got a floral fragrance. i was hoping for something a little more beachy than this turns out to be. thanks for the description.
smile.gif
i think i definitely need it now!

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse thanks for the description.
smile.gif
i think i definitely need it now! NP
smile.gif

Oh, yeah, I totally know what you're talking about

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Don't waste your money on:Revlon colorstay lash tint - doesn't lenthen or add volume and hard to get off even with a remover for waterproof makeup

maybelline & covergirl foundations

clinique skincare

revlon mascaras

creme de la mer (like nivea original creme)

Back