Double Chocolate Biscotti

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Double Chocolate Biscotti 3 Cups Flour 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Extra light Olive Oil, divided 1 cup packed light Brown sugar 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar 1/3 cup Milk 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate morsels 1)On a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour,cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside 2)In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup olive oil and sugar until smooth and light. Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating until smooth. Add the vinegar and milk. Beat until smooth. 3)Turn the mixer speed to low. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Stir in the chocolate morsels by hand with a large spoon. 4)Cover with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours. 5)Preheat oven to 325*. 6)Coat 2 large baking sheets each with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. 7)Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. With a pastry scraper, divide the dough into quarters. Roll each piece of dough into a log 1 & 1/2 inches in diameter. 8) Place the logs, seperated, on the sheets. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. 9)Remove to a rack to cool for 10 minutes and reduce the oven temp. to 300* 10)On a cutting board with a serrated knife, cut each log into 3/4 inch diagonal slices. Place the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheets. 11)Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until toasted. Remove to racks to cool. Makes about 40 Biscotti

Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried this recipe tonight and it is to die for, easy to make and better than any I have purchased at the store or even at a coffee shop. I added a 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the recipe too. Gooooood stuff.

Oh man, you so gotta stop posting all these delcious recipes. I'm gonna be SO fat!!! Gonna try and make these next weekend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Oh man, you so gotta stop posting all these delcious recipes. I'm gonna be SO fat!!! Gonna try and make these next weekend
smile.gif
With the Holidays coming and my love for cooking (and eating) I am making myself stick to my walking routine, 4 miles, 5 days a week. I'm the only girl in the family so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen making all the old family recipes for everyone that my Mom and Grandmother used to make, only problem is I have to sample everything before I give it away ya know? got to make sure it's good
icon_rolleyes.gif

youre on a chocolate kick, arent you? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for posting! i think ill have to make biscotti for x mas cookies since they can be shipped and dont dry out too much. thanks for the idea.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse youre on a chocolate kick, arent you? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for posting! i think ill have to make biscotti for x mas cookies since they can be shipped and dont dry out too much. thanks for the idea.
smile.gif
Hi, my name is Harley and I'm a Chocoholic Alas, I'm going to have to behave though, just went to my brothers house for my nephews birthday and my sis inlaw gave me the South Beach Diet books and talked me into giving it a try, my brother has lost 25 pds. on it. It looks to be a lot easier then some of the others like Atkins, and from what I've read so far a lot of it makes sense.

I've been on the chocolate kick lately so this recipe is perfect for me. I've been eating chocolate every day.
smile.gif

Coffeehouses have turned biscotti, the twice-baked Italian cookie, into a household word. If you love pistachios, this is the biscotti for you.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=app_head1_bl>Lemon-Pistachio Biscotti</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_subhead1_rl>Source: Better Homes and Gardens

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=app_head3_bl>Ingredients</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1/3 cup butter, softened</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>2/3 cup granulated sugar</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>2 teaspoons baking powder</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1/2 teaspoon salt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>2 eggs</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1 teaspoon vanilla</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>4 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>2 cups all-purpose flour</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1 1/2 cups unsalted pistachio nuts (6 ounces)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1 cup sifted powdered sugar</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl> Milk or lemon juice

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=app_head3_bl>Directions</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>1. Line an extra-large cookie sheet or 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in the 4 teaspoons lemon peel and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and nuts. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>2. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 3 equal portions. Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long loaf. Flatten loaves to about 2-1/2 inches wide. Place at least 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet(s). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops are cracked. (Loaves will spread slightly.) Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>4. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on the same parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>5. In a small mixing bowl stir together the powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel. Stir in enough milk or lemon juice (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency. Dip ends of cookies into icing or drizzle with icing. Makes 36. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>Make-Ahead Tip: Bake and cool cookies as directed, but do not dip in icing. Place in a freezer container or bag and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw cookies about 15 minutes. Dip cookies into or drizzle with icing. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=app_head3_bl>Nutritional Information</TD></TR><TR><TD class=app_body_rl>Nutritional facts per serving

calories: 99, total fat: 5g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 16mg, sodium: 71mg, carbohydrate: 13g, fiber: 1g, protein: 2g</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Latest posts

Back