Down 8lbs!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to come on here & brag that i've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm on the GI diet at the mo & it's working fab for me (except when i pig out every now and then!
icon_lol.gif
). Plus i'm exercising at home most evenings now too so that's helping me lose the weight. Hope to lose another 6lbs before Xmas
biggrin.gif

K, that's enough of me bragging. Anybody else feeling good about themselves at the mo!

Woo hoo, next is a picture of you in a bathing suit!

Originally Posted by laura127

Just wanted to come on here & brag that i've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm on the GI diet at the mo & it's working fab for me (except when i pig out every now and then!
icon_lol.gif
). Plus i'm exercising at home most evenings now too so that's helping me lose the weight. Hope to lose another 6lbs before Xmas
biggrin.gif

K, that's enough of me bragging. Anybody else feeling good about themselves at the mo!

Awesome Laura! Woo Hoo! Wish I could say the same for me!! LOL

PS - Love your new avatar!! You look great! - It was hard to tell before with that Irish flag overpowering the little tiny square! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for all the posts girlies
biggrin.gif

You must be so excited heading off without the kids Kim! Time for some extra loving (lol!)

Aw guys, ye're all so cute
biggrin.gif

And i'll never get into a costume like that Shoey!!!

I'm depressed reading my thread that i posted last november now because i've put back on that 8lbs plus more! But i'm back dieting again (started today!) so hopefully this thread will keep my motivated
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I'm depressed reading my thread that i posted last november now because i've put back on that 8lbs plus more! But i'm back dieting again (started today!) so hopefully this thread will keep my motivated
biggrin.gif
It's hard to keep weight loss going, and not allow it to be gained back. YOu definitely don't want to yo-yo diet, though; it makes it harder and harder to lose weight. Stick to changes that you can keep up for a long time, not a fad diet that will have you obsessing all the time! I am trying to lose a little weight, and I have been staying away from candy and chips...it'll be hard though, once school starts up again! Good luck!

Lau, keep posting honey. I know you'll do better this time, good luck!
claps.gif

hang in there laura!

Originally Posted by Laura Just wanted to come on here & brag that i've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_lol.gif
biggrin.gif

i know how it is. i am always up and down with my weight, and it doesn't help that my family loves to cook and EAT!!! every gathering we have revolves around food, but i guess that is just the south. but i am getting a trainer soon(when the money is right). hopefully that will do the trick, especially if i am paying my money and i have someone to be accountable to.

GI is for Glycemic Index. Usually a diet like that would cut out processed foods (like flour), sugar, starches like white potatoes and rice. You need to eat around 5 times a day, small meals/snacks every 2-3 hours (between 190 and 350 calories each). It is supposed to regulate your body sugars, very good for diabetics or those with a family history of the disease.

I follow a GI style diet.

I lost about 6 or 7 lbs with a GI diet but I have to combine it with low sodium and high protein. It was enough to get me in the middle of my weight range (based on height and age). Now I'm more focused on replacing body fat with muscle but my doc told me no exercise for about a month because of my high blood pressure. So that's on hold, until I get my meds adjusted right.

Needless to say I no longer enjoy food shopping, cooking or eating.

It gets so complicated!
icon_lol.gif

you are so right. once you start paying it's a whole new ball game!

Originally Posted by devinjhans i know how it is. i am always up and down with my weight, and it doesn't help that my family loves to cook and EAT!!! every gathering we have revolves around food, but i guess that is just the south. but i am getting a trainer soon(when the money is right). hopefully that will do the trick, especially if i am paying my money and i have someone to be accountable to.

Latest posts

Back