Dressing up jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You all know that my favorite piece of wardrobe is SHOES but I also love jeans. They are quite versatile and can go from day to night in a matter of minutes. Article below gives some great ideas I personally use to dress up my jeans!

5 Ways to Dress Up Jeans

By Lisa Kovalovich on LHJ.com

These days, jeans are becoming appropriate at unexpected places: cocktail parties, Sunday brunches, even nights at the theater. How do you make your going-out jeans look different from your weekend jeans? Here are five ways:

Do dark denim. Faded, broken-in jeans have a worn, weekend feel, while crisp jeans in a dark indigo rinse are a touch more formal and look great with most tops. Also, no rips or excessive fade marks.

Pick a pulled-together cut. For weekends, baggy boyfriend jeans are comfy. But for a night out, try a sleeker silhouette: Bootcut jeans with a low rise. This cut gives you a leaner, more sophisticated line than does a baggier cut.

Add sexy shoes. While weekend jeans are great when accompanied by sneakers or flip-flops, dressed-up jeans call for more dramatic footwear. Sexy, strappy heels lengthen your legs, as long as your jeans are long enough to cover most of the heel. Try a pair with pointed toes and a slender heel for instant chic. Can't deal with heels? A simple pair of ballet flats -- especially in unexpected shades like silver -- gives your jeans Audrey Hepburn appeal.

Top with a dramatic shirt. For nighttime, leave your jeans' usual companion (the trusty T-shirt) at home. Instead, try on a top in a luxe, evening fabric like satin or chiffon, or one adorned with sequins. And go for a sexy cut, like off-the-shoulder shell or a body-skimming halter. A more formal topper adds a dressy feel to your jeans.

Accessorize adeptly. The finishing touches on an evening jeans look? Accessories. Go for the glitz here, adding chandelier earrings or hoops, a bold cocktail ring, or a metallic clutch -- anything more demure (pearls, diamond studs) is too daytime.

Great advice girlie.. I'm a total jeans girl 2. I love wearing strappy sandals with a pair of jeans when i'm going out..!

I love jeans. I definitely do these! Thanks for posting!
smile.gif

Great advice. I follow all of those. You need an evening purse too to complete the look.

Babyangel.

I love dark jeans as they can be taken from casual to dressy. I disagree with wearing them with ballet style flats. To me, that says tacky.

If only they made a mens dress sandal that doesn't looks uber rugged or the "I'm at the beat today" look. Perhaps I can find a womens one thats fairly neutral.

I hate you shoe industry I really do!!!

Latest posts

Back