Drugstore Base Coat and top coat

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried soooo many different base and top coats, and I can't get polish to last 24 hours without chipping. My nails are thin and brittle though, and I am extremely clumsy, so that could be my problem.

I do my nails constantly and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't if I didn't have seche vite.  I use both the base and top coats and NOTHING has ever worked so well for me.  That stuff is a miracle in a bottle.

I buy the gigantic refill bottles from Amazon.  4 oz for $15.  It's seriously a steal.

I still haven't found a HG base coat, but right now I am using Salon Sciences Instant Artificials and its okay, nothing special. (sorry its not exactly drug store, but its not really a recomondation either)

As for top coat, I used to like Seche for a topcoat, and I found I didn't really get any chips, but that was because my nail polish would peel off in a whole sheet in less than a day, and even faster if I used the seche base coat.

Now, I use the "red bottle" Sally Hansen instant dry, no chip top coat and I LOVE it. Totally wonderful, and lasts days longer than SV without chips(and no peeling). I feel like if i could only find my perfect basecoat, I would never have to worry about chipped nails ever again!

Back