Drugstore/department store mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this has been asked a kabiilion times, but i'm always on the search for a good mascara....what are you guys best drugstore mascara and department store mascara. i usually have to mix it up. I would use lancomes cil booster as a base followed by rimmels vol. comb mascara to stretch it out and prescriptive plush to fatten it. I realy wish there was one mascara to do the job.

I think Loreal Voluminous is a great drugstore mascara. I use it just because I have a hard time forking over big bucks for a mascara when there are other products I would rather spend the money on. Most of the time I do one coat, sometimes 2 and your good.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie for drugstore...and I'd have to say Diorshow for Department store. It was good until it dried up without me being able to use all or most of it(and I always made sure to cap it tightly).

Loreal Voluminous, drugstore. Haven't came across a department store mascara yet!!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Definitely LOreal Voluminous for drugstore, and Diorshow for department store. I second DiorShow!

I also like Loreal Voluminous. I've been using that for quite some time now and really like it.

I've been using Maybelline's Sky High Curves Waterproof Mascara, it's a good lengthening mascara ... I've liked all the Maybelline mascaras I've tried except for Great Lash (the pink and green tube). My only complaint is that they tend to get clumpy after about 2 months, so I usually buy a new one before the 3 month expiration date but at $5 I don't mind
wink.gif

For drugstore, my HGs are Cover Girl Super Thick Lash and Maybelline Full N Soft.
smile.gif
I haven't tried too many high-end mascaras, but I've gotten some GWP samples recently of Clinique High Impact Mascara and Lancome Flextencils, and I really like them!

Yep I gotta agree with L'oreal Voluminous for a drugstore brand. I also liked Maybelline Volum' Express 5X, but not quite as much as the L'oreal. For department store brand, I have only tried the Clinique ones. (I also tend not to want to spend a lot of money for a mascara.) I liked the Clinique High Impact best. Amazing lashes with that one! But it thickens and clogs the applicator wand after a month or so.

i picked up a waterproof mascara from the drug store and even eye makeup remover couldn't get this stuff off of my lashes. since then i only use department store mascara. lancome definicils to be exact. it may cost $22 but i don't have to worry about the way it performs and my lashes look great. i'll never buy drugstore mascara again!

Originally Posted by glowgirl83 L'Oreal Voluminous as well, but only the waterproof stuf b/c the regular smudges too easily. Oh yah and whatever happened to the Maybelline Great Lash????? The brush used to be so full, it was awesome....now it sucks Welcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Originally Posted by sweetface18 I know this has been asked a kabiilion times, but i'm always on the search for a good mascara....what are you guys best drugstore mascara and department store mascara. i usually have to mix it up. I would use lancomes cil booster as a base followed by rimmels vol. comb mascara to stretch it out and prescriptive plush to fatten it. I realy wish there was one mascara to do the job.
fish18.gif
Try a loreal mascara..they are really good!!!

I used to use Sky high curves,it lengthen well but it does dry out quickly

Latest posts

Back