Drugstore Haul (my first one!)

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hi! I'm 27 and novice at makeup! My makeup is usually very basic:

Eyes: a light wash (sometimes add shadows on crease and eyebone) and mascara (the outer V and the eyeliner are challenges to me! I'm glad I found some tutorials here).

Lips: nude lipgloss or lipstick.

Face: powder and blush (sometimes I use foundation too).

So... I decided to improve/reinvent my makeup (especially my eye makeup)! I started by buying some new things to try (I based my purchase on some reviews I read):

Eyeshadow (Quads):

- Milani - Dream Baby Quad

- Milani - Earthly Delights

- Jane - Browns Quad

Eyeshadow (Singles)

- Jane - Sungloss

- Milani - Illusion

- Milani - Antique Gold

- Milani - Java Bean

- Milani - Sun Goddess

- Milani - Classic Beige

Blush:

- Jane - Blushing Petal

- Maybelline - Dream Mousse in Soft Plum

Mascara:

- Maybelline - Full 'N Soft in Very Black

I also bought some lipsticks and lipglosses (by Revlon, Loreal, Neutrogena, Almay, and Rimmel)

I already own powder (Mineral Physicians Formula - I tend to breakout), foundation (Almay), and a few eyeliners that are waiting for me to be used -lol. I also have some cheap e.l.f. brushes I bought at drugstore.com

Now, I only need to figure out how to combine all these things and how to apply them!

Reaction score
enjoy your first drugstore haul! those are really good eyeshadow colors you chose. i am sure you will get a whole lot of tips on this board!!!

Reaction score
Thanks empericalbeauty!

My favorite one so far is Milani's Illusion. I looked at the outer V tutorial here (it's really good by the way), and tried to do it myself using Milani's Dream Baby Quad.. but it didn't end up looking too well! Keep practicing I guess :)

Reaction score
Drug stores do have some good makeup. I LOVE L'Oreals HIP collection.

Nice haul though.

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm really liking these forums, very active!

What combinations of those eyeshadows I bought may look good?

Reaction score
enjoy

you should also look for the milani sheer sand i love to use it as an highlighter look good with anything

Reaction score
Thank you girls!

Yesterday I used Illusion on lids, Java Bean on crease and a bit on outer corner, plus Dream Cream (from Browns quad) as a highlighter. I liked it a lot! One of my favorite looks so far.

Also used the full 'n soft mascara, I liked it, it elongastes the lashes and it's not clumpy at all. But I think the Max Factor 2000 Calorie makes my lashes thicker and prettier, don't know. :)

Reaction score
You did good!

Have fun. And experiment with combos. You never know what u may come up with!

Reaction score
The first drugstore purchases are usually stuff that you'll never use, but all of your products seem like major staples of a makeup collection.

Latest posts