Drugstore Haul (my first one!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I'm 27 and novice at makeup! My makeup is usually very basic:

Eyes: a light wash (sometimes add shadows on crease and eyebone) and mascara (the outer V and the eyeliner are challenges to me! I'm glad I found some tutorials here).

Lips: nude lipgloss or lipstick.

Face: powder and blush (sometimes I use foundation too).

So... I decided to improve/reinvent my makeup (especially my eye makeup)! I started by buying some new things to try (I based my purchase on some reviews I read):

Eyeshadow (Quads):

- Milani - Dream Baby Quad

- Milani - Earthly Delights

- Jane - Browns Quad

Eyeshadow (Singles)

- Jane - Sungloss

- Milani - Illusion

- Milani - Antique Gold

- Milani - Java Bean

- Milani - Sun Goddess

- Milani - Classic Beige

Blush:

- Jane - Blushing Petal

- Maybelline - Dream Mousse in Soft Plum

Mascara:

- Maybelline - Full 'N Soft in Very Black

I also bought some lipsticks and lipglosses (by Revlon, Loreal, Neutrogena, Almay, and Rimmel)

I already own powder (Mineral Physicians Formula - I tend to breakout), foundation (Almay), and a few eyeliners that are waiting for me to be used -lol. I also have some cheap e.l.f. brushes I bought at drugstore.com

Now, I only need to figure out how to combine all these things and how to apply them!
laughing.gif

enjoy your first drugstore haul! those are really good eyeshadow colors you chose. i am sure you will get a whole lot of tips on this board!!!

Thanks empericalbeauty!

My favorite one so far is Milani's Illusion. I looked at the outer V tutorial here (it's really good by the way), and tried to do it myself using Milani's Dream Baby Quad.. but it didn't end up looking too well! Keep practicing I guess :)

Thanks! I'm really liking these forums, very active!

What combinations of those eyeshadows I bought may look good?

enjoy

you should also look for the milani sheer sand i love to use it as an highlighter look good with anything

Thank you girls!

Yesterday I used Illusion on lids, Java Bean on crease and a bit on outer corner, plus Dream Cream (from Browns quad) as a highlighter. I liked it a lot! One of my favorite looks so far.

Also used the full 'n soft mascara, I liked it, it elongastes the lashes and it's not clumpy at all. But I think the Max Factor 2000 Calorie makes my lashes thicker and prettier, don't know. :)

The first drugstore purchases are usually stuff that you'll never use, but all of your products seem like major staples of a makeup collection.

Latest posts

Back